Anyone else following the Gabby Petito missing person case?

Finch

WKR
Definitely a strange one. The girl has been missing for almost a month and now her fiancé (who has declined to offer any help on her whereabouts) is also missing as of last night.

GSPMich

FNG
I’ve been following a little this week as the story began to dominate the news cycle.

I guess a month ago they were pulled over on the highway and she was assaulting him and a passerby saw it and called the cops. I do not believe she was arrested.

Seems very likely they had a similar altercation later on and he snapped back at her this time.

OP
Finch

Finch

WKR
That's right. The police made them go their separate ways that night to cool off.

I guess it is/was his right not to talk and try to help find her but makes him look guilty as hell. I feel for her family.

He certainly knows what happened.....and a bit of CIA style "encouragement" to talk is in order. The authorities stated last night they know his whereabouts but who knows. If it was my kid he certainly would have talked by now...as the alternative would have been unacceptable..to him.

GSPMich

FNG
Obviously the high likelihood is what was already mentioned here.

Other possible scenario I’ve read by internet sleuths on other message boards are he just flat got sick of her and headed home and left here where she was later kidnapped.

Buried her in the desert after choking her out - 85%

Dumped her in the middle of nowhere and somebody else grabbed her -10%

She died by suicide as a big FU to get even with him - 5%

AZ8

WKR
There's a recently posted video on YouTube showing the police stop in Moab, UT via the officer's bodycam. The video is over an hour long and really shows the two in a raw, unedited encounter. They actually charged her with assault.

Interesting video to watch. As I said, it's over an hour.

Fatcamp

WKR
Buried her in the desert after choking her out - 85%

Dumped her in the middle of nowhere and somebody else grabbed her -10%

She died by suicide as a big FU to get even with him - 5%

IDK. Whack job may be smoking crack in Kansas City with new boyfriend

Calcoyote

FNG
I saw a headline a few minutes ago saying that the boyfriend's attorney is not stating his client is now also missing. Sounds like the boyfriend is on the lam.

OP
Finch

Finch

WKR
There's a recently posted video on YouTube showing the police stop in Moab, UT via the officer's bodycam. The video is over an hour long and really shows the two in a raw, unedited encounter. They actually charged her with assault.

Interesting video to watch. As I said, it's over an hour.
I actually watched the whole thing last night. The boyfriend didn't really strike me as odd nor did she. I'm pretty sure they ended up not charging her though and just made them separate for the night. They were initially going to charge her but decided against it.

Reactions: AZ8

Yarak

WKR
If you were with a psycho girlfriend who was beating on you and you left her where she was would you say anything to the police after she went missing ?
I certainly wouldn’t and I’d do exactly what he did and let my attorney speak
I would also go underground because of media coverage and crazy people wanting to do stupid things because they think they know what happened

AZ8

WKR
I actually watched the whole thing last night. The boyfriend didn't really strike me as odd nor did she. I'm pretty sure they ended up not charging her though and just made them separate for the night. They were initially going to charge her but decided against it.
Thanks for the correction. It was a little confusing there at the end when they took him to that hotel to separate them for the night.

This case will end sadly tho. A hunter, hiker or rancher will change the narrative soon.

fmyth

WKR
That's right. The police made them go their separate ways that night to cool off.

I guess it is/was his right not to talk and try to help find her but makes him look guilty as hell. I feel for her family.
The police put her up in a hotel for a night. Doubt they'd put me up in a hotel if I slapped my wife.

Warmsy

WKR
I watched an edited version of the police encounter. My wife says that he lawyered up right away when he got home and that makes it suspicious. He got home 10 days before the family reported her missing. Who knows what happened in those ten days?

FLATHEAD

WKR
She seemed not quite right to me on the video.
She may have pushed him too far. But,
Who knows what happened?
I'd prolly keep my mouth shut too.

Zak406

Lil-Rokslider
I watched an edited version of the police encounter. My wife says that he lawyered up right away when he got home and that makes it suspicious. He got home 10 days before the family reported her missing. Who knows what happened in those ten days?

Right or wrong the best thing you can do as a citizen is shut up and not talk to the cops. That’s what lawyers are for. Especially in this kids situation. He may have done it he may not have. Talking to the cops on his own without an attorney is what would get him fried