Anyone else following the Gabby Petito missing person case?

I dont think they would be foolish enough to take it this far. At this point millions of dollars have been thrown at this investigation to find Gabby and now to find him.
After the recent news you are right, but young people sure do put a lot of effort into building their social media these days. I was hoping for a better outcome than a body.

OP
Finch

Finch

WKR
The police body cam footage and police report makes it pretty clear that this chick was unstable and violent. And I think he killed her.

To be fair...the police cam video shows her definitely more distraught and "unstable" but no one knows exactly would led up to that moment. Who knows how he was treating her before that traffic stop.

They'd been traveling together for 4 or 5 months so I'd imagine tensions were running pretty high on some days.

If you were with a psycho girlfriend who was beating on you and you left her where she was would you say anything to the police after she went missing ?

If the truth is on your side it seems like the smart thing to do. Seems like a statistical stretch to think that telling the truth would result in authorities taking shady measures to cover up the truth and pin it on you? Crazier things have happened i'm sure but doesn't seem like the odds are in your favor taking the path he did if you are in fact innocent of any wrong doing.

If you were with a psycho girlfriend who was beating on you and you left her where she was would you say anything to the police after she went missing ?
I certainly wouldn’t and I’d do exactly what he did and let my attorney speak
I would also go underground because of media coverage and crazy people wanting to do stupid things because they think they know what happened
Yea seems weird to take her van thou? If you have a psycho gf and decided to leave her. I would think you would catch a ride or a flight back to your home. Not take someone’s van and desert them across the country.

Yarak

WKR
Well it’s obvious now that her body has been found and she’s not in FL
His actions now seem very suspicious and do make him look guilty but even that is to be determined….that is if he’s still alive
Let’s let justice prevail and remember Innocent until proven Guilty
At this point I’d say odds are against him being innocent

*zap*

WKR
Approximately 2,300 Americans are reported missing—every day. This includes both children and adults. This does not include Americans who have vanished in other countries, individuals who disappear and are never reported, or the homeless and their children.

If it was an accident he would have contacted the local authorities in WY, no reason to drive across country and stonewall the police and media. Same if he left her...he woukd have called somebody and told them where she could be picked up. The reason he didn't help with the search and resuce was he knew it was a recovery...I dont think they will find him alive either.

TreeWalking

Lil-Rokslider
Yea seems weird to take her van thou? If you have a psycho gf and decided to leave her. I would think you would catch a ride or a flight back to your home. Not take someone’s van and desert them across the country.
Say she was wanting to go her own way and told you to get lost. I would have called her parents and said that she took off without the van, likely minimal money, food and shelter options so what should I do with the van their daughter rented? Leave the van? Drop off at a police station? Drop off at rental in FL? Wait for the parents to fly out to WY? Those are things I would want to share with her parents. The parents of my friend and former fiancee. Yet, he apparently put the hammer down and got to FL in 3 days or less. Radio silent to her parents and friends and social media. My conclusion is he is a shitty human at a minimum.

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
The media would never feed the public a narrative just to get clicks, right? Right?
None of us has any idea what happened- everyone should reserve judgement imo.

yea like the Lacy/Scott Peterson case. The media destroyed that dude and he had zero chance for fair trial. I was convinced he did it then that documentary came out and now not so sure. I’ll take this moment to say, FU Nacy Grace and may she rot in hell for her role as the media lynch mob captain!

As for this case I won’t even bother to look it up because like Zap said it’s all BS as many go missing everyday. All of you glued to the news on this case are just feeding the monster!

GSPHUNTER

WKR
So now it's a homicide. She didn't do it to herself. Maybe 2+2 does = 4. Still going to take the wait and see attitude.