Anyone else have those songs that take you back to hunts?

In the many road trips to hunts I listen to a lot of songs. Some songs instantly remind me of hunts gone by. For instance, I hunted ND one year and on the drive there, listening to the radio, Katy Perry's "I kissed a girl" was the hot song. I heard that song so many times that now every time I hear it I think of that hunt. Last season I took a few scouting trips with no cell service so I listened to the music I had. Now there are a handful of songs that bring me back to those trips and that hunt.

What are yours?

ODB

WKR
Nugent's Hibernation from Double Live Gonzo. My brother and I used to hang in the basement of our house tuning our bows listening to that album over and over. When it got to Hibernation I just sat and listened - it's mesmerizing.

Northpark

WKR
Listening to Jason Aldean’s Dirt Road Anthem takes me back to cold wet steelhead fishing every time. Me and a high school buddy used to listen to that CD on the way to river all the time.

Tgun46

FNG
Hunting with my dad when I was younger if Mary Chapin Carpenter’s “ I feel lucky” came on the radio on our way to hunt we had a little extra excitement thinking we’d be lucky. Good memories

ShakeDown

WKR
Growing up my father had a 1980 step-side Dodge Powerwagon single cab that we hunted in. The tape deck did not eject, and Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers Damn the Torpedoes was stuck in the deck.

For YEARS we listened to that album. I’m telling you, hundreds and hundreds of hours… maybe thousands. To this day I know every word to every song on that record.

One day we were driving and for no reason at all that damn tape ejected. My brothers and I looked at each other… at the tape… and popped it right back in.

Like2hunt

Lil-Rokslider
The song “granddaddy’s gun” reminds me of the first buck I shot since I killed it with my grandpas gun. It was a ruger 220 swift with a bull barrel if I remember right and I shot it on his ranch. I think I’ll remember that hunt forever.

mstei4

Lil-Rokslider
The song “granddaddy’s gun” reminds me of the first buck I shot since I killed it with my grandpas gun. It was a ruger 220 swift with a bull barrel if I remember right and I shot it on his ranch. I think I’ll remember that hunt forever.
Not a hunt but I have similar feelings about my first shotgun. A nothing special Winchester 20 ga semiautomatic given to me by him. He’s not around anymore but the single most important gun I own, it’s had the piss shot out of it over the years, taught my wife to shoot with it, been a part of a lot of great times with my Dad and brother. Unfortunately never got to shoot it with him standing there (lived on the other side of the country in the time between when he gave it to me and he passed) but always feels like he’s close when it comes out of the case

We used to always BLAST Roxette while setting up decoys. And “Ya’ll Want a Single” by Korn was our 5 am heading out fishing song in college.

One time on Kodiak we got weathered in on the front of a trip and had to spend a night at the hotel. The next morning was surprisingly clear and we knew it would close in fast. We packed up quick and the transporter’s shuttle picked us up. The driver had “Sail” by Awolnation playing as loud as it would go as we sped to our plane.

SWFLhntr

Lil-Rokslider
Ratt: Round and Round.
Tina Turner: What’s Love Got To Do With It.

Many others. Just what was on MTV in the background whilst cleaning ducks, guns etc. love those memories. Still chasing them.

Zappaman

WKR
Backstory?
Kinda being an ass there... but that was my Junior year in high school and the truck I built into a mosnter stereo mobile back then ran lots of cassettes bought at Kmart (Local radio SUCKED!!!) Back in Black just hapened to be one of those that was played 1000 times that year- definately out on the ranch while going out deer, coyote hunting.

Scorpions Love at First Sting, Iron Maiden (all), Judas Priest (all), Rush moving Pictures, April Wine Nature of the Beast (and first album too), and not to leave out Pat Benetar's first few (which ROCKED... unlike the latter stuff which sucked). Oh yeh... the Cars first few too-- good times West of Roswell, NM (before the X-files hit town... I was thankfully GONE by then!)

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
I used the theme from Terminator as my alarm….no I never lived up to the name😀 but it always reminds me of my first archery hunt.

I always play a CW McCall (RIP) album as we drive over Wolf creek pass on our way to CO unit 78 hoping to burn that into my kids’ memory. Hopefully it sticks…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ehunter

FNG
Hank Williams senior your cheating heart. Antelope hunting the only tape we had for a week. No radio .

BravoNovember

Lil-Rokslider
Many probably will not know or relate. But Opie Taylor by Yelawolf. My current dogs first trip to North Dakota this song came on and she did a lot of head turning “what was that” movements because of the sound. Every time I hear that it make’s me think of our trip