Anyone else have trouble sleeping...

...after running hard in the evening? It is like the runner's high lasts into the night. I am too lazy to get up in the morning. Usually I hit snooze a few times then its tazmanian devil until the door slams shut.

BuckSnort

WKR
Yes, It seems the harder I push myself and more energy I spend while backpacking, the less sleep I get... Starting to wonder if an extra pound or so worth of sleep pad would be worth it if it just helps a little..

Reflex

FNG
I have to figure that I will be up at least an hour after I get back. My body is tired, but my mind stays awake!

Foldem

WKR
Late hockey games were the worst for me. Sometimes the games wouldn't start until 10:00 so it's well after 1:00 before I'd get home and usually after 3:00 before I could fall asleep. I used to have the same problem with running, but I've juggled my schedule so that I workout right after work and that seems to help.

OP
Brandon Pattison
I PT right when I get home, in the heat of the day. As tired as I am at bedtime one would assume easy sleepins.

R

rebecca francis

I have always been a morning exerciser and I sleep great….but, on the days I can't exercise in the morning, if I do it at night after about 6:00 or so, it never fails, I will be up ALL night. On the other hand, if bearguide exercises with me at night, he goes to bed and sleeps like a baby, and he says if he exercises hard in the morning then he is tired all day. I feel like a new person when I get it done in the morning. Out on a hunting trip I am usually so exhausted when I hit the sack that I fall asleep easily. :)
I am so thankful for that, because morning comes VERY early on the mountain.

mohawk32

Lil-Rokslider
Late hockey games were the worst for me. Sometimes the games wouldn't start until 10:00 so it's well after 1:00 before I'd get home and usually after 3:00 before I could fall asleep. I used to have the same problem with running, but I've juggled my schedule so that I workout right after work and that seems to help.

I was going to post exactly the same thing. Late hockey is the worst on the sleep schedule.

I PT right when I get home, in the heat of the day. As tired as I am at bedtime one would assume easy sleepins.

It's entirely possible that the trouble falling asleep and the exercising are not related.

Martin

FNG
If you have trouble in sleeping then try to drink a glass of milk before going to the bed. Milk is best for a good night sleeping. Try to sleep at time.