Anyone else removing arrow labels?

paxamus

WKR
Just wondering if there is anyone else removing the labels on their arrows? I accidentally hit one with some acetone when cleaning and liked not having it. Now while I’m building I “clean” off every label/graphics! Anyone else crazy like me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob5589

WKR
Nope. I shoot two different spines of the same arrow (different bows).

I have. I wiped off the label on an axis shaft the other day and could see the Beman label underneath.

Trial153

WKR
Yea I take them all off. Except for the ACC labels everything else is pretty obnoxious.

OP
P

paxamus

WKR
I’m glad I’m not the only OCD one in the crowd, I just like the way they look soooo much better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N2TRKYS

WKR
I’ve never worried about them. Doesn’t make a lick of difference in flight or penetration on game, so I don’t waste my time removing it.

NYSKIER

WKR
I actually never even thought of doing this, maybe I'll give it a go and see how it looks.
I do. I believe the label causes friction and the arrow won’t penetrate as well with it on there. I tested this theory on a 3D target and was right.

Tyeguy very curious as to how you tested and what the results look liked that seems wild to me but anything is possible and I'd be interested to hear about it

KBC

WKR
How much lighter is your arrow after and does it weaken the spine a bit because you are taking some weight off the back of it?

I just checked several arrows that I used acetone to remove the label on 11-12 months ago. They are still the same on the spine tester, and same as the arrows from the same batch that I didn't remove the label from. BE Carnivore 250's.

TheTone

WKR
I just checked several arrows that I used acetone to remove the label on 11-12 months ago. They are still the same on the spine tester, and same as the arrows from the same batch that I didn't remove the label from. BE Carnivore 250's.

Any weight difference?