Anyone else successful in the Utah Any Bull Rodeo today?

Sled

WKR
Spike tags were not on sale. Or am I missing something? The link you posted says spike units go on sale the 22nd.
correct, i was replying to your post above but they split the dates since last year was so bad

Ah, thanks guys. Didn’t remember all of that. And yeah, I can see this going to a draw as well.

I hope it doesn't. I'd rather put up with the mess every year. I enjoy that more than the idea of a draw.

If it does go to a draw, I hope they retain the unlimited OTC for archery and possibly some type of muzzleloader like flintlock

2five7

WKR
What the hell is going on?

These used to take two months to sell out, not one day?
Was just a few years ago they wouldn't sell out at all, then it was they wouldn't sell out till just about the day before.

It's a crappy hunt for the most part, but at least it's hunting.

As I read it the 22nd is for general and multi season permits. But is there still the OTC archery only sale yet to come? This has usually been all but unlimited in sale numbers.

Yep I got that. Still looking for the Archery only spike elk season

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Sled

WKR
Yep I got that. Still looking for the Archery only spike elk season

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

archery tags went on sale last week. there is one tag and it is not specific to bull or spike. you need to abide by the rules of the unit you hunt. spike or LE units are spike/cow only for archery. any bull units are really any elk.

go buy your tag. archery tags are unlimited.

archery tags went on sale last week. there is one tag and it is not specific to bull or spike. you need to abide by the rules of the unit you hunt. spike or LE units are spike/cow only for archery. any bull units are really any elk.

go buy your tag. archery tags are unlimited.
Yep I was reading on HF site they went on sale 7/8.
But I didn't find anything from DWR with specifics. I went online to my account and couldn't seem to purchase it there. That's what confused me. I'll go to the local shop to get it
Thx

Looks like next week is the sale of the multi season spike hunts. I may wait for that.

I have no desire for the any bull units that just sold out, as those in my region died off a few years ago.
Twice I had people on UTV show up right as I was about to see the herds coming. It was in a no OHV area but in Utah that means absolutely nothing to most hunters. Ever since then these any bull units are a joke.
Utah is really over run with a lot of conflicts between the local ranchers and hunters with the State trying to please everyone and diminishing herds in certain areas.

Again thx for the info.

Got a multi season spike tag. System froze on me at 100 in the que so I just drove over to the DWR office and bought it. One guy there said he had the same issue so drove over as well.