Anyone else?

D

david long

I couldn't help it! Driving back to Denver up over Vail pass today and I felt the need to run. I pulled over at the rest area, changed into my running gear and hit a dirt road and got in a 40 minute run. Just finished it and am still sitting in the parking lot as I type this. I love getting a workout in the high country. Anyone else ever find themselves driving down the road, seeing cool country, pulling over and changing into their running gear and getting in a run?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339113469.527145.jpg

a3dhunter

WKR
Don't have that luxury yet, all of my activities have to be planned for.....someday though.

Hope you enjoyed it. Couldn't have a better setting IMO.

Lukem

WKR
I've done that a few times. The least scenic was a run that involved a lap around the Kansas City Speedway after my pitstop at Cabela's. My scenic runs are lame compared to you guys farther west.

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have done this numerous times but it usually isn't a run. It is almost always a good hike around the area!

OP
D

david long

I am going to start packing my running gear everywhere I go. In the past, I have always been in too much of a hurry to get to where I was going and would never take the time to stop and do this......not any more! I am gonna start enjoying a few scenic runs.

Vandal 44

WKR
I do this a lot as well. I also take my tri-bike and will go on a 26 miles ride from time to time. It changes thing up and keeps me from getting in the training rut.

trkyslr

WKR
Yesterday I did workout at the gym mid day then went on with my daily errors/events... Last night after my daughter fell asleep I did feel a rush of energy so I laced up my shoes, threw on my waited pack (60lb), and did 40 plus minutes on the stairs at my house. I did a bunch of mixing it up as going up straight then walking down backwards, going down normal then going up backwards, and so on....Then did 15 minutes of pushups, curl into shoulder press', squats, and some core/abs to finish it off. It felt great.
Then today I did a 4.5 mile hike with the wife and kid with 45 lb on my back. It gets addicting!

Dang Chris! You know we are hunting Coues out of a blind or stand right? Just kidding, I have been working out twice a day since I got over here, plan to keep doing it until I leave. I love to run, but running outside here is pretty stupid as you have to run on the perimiter... I'd like to make it home alive :)

trkyslr

WKR
Nick, haha! I heard them little whities are fast so I gotta be ready ;-)

On the cardio I'm just like reaper, not a big fan of running, can do it, but I love throwing wait on my back and hiking stairs, trails, mountains, etc.

BMB

Lil-Rokslider
yep, all the time. never leave home without em.