Anyone ever have Vortex Refurbish anything?

nphunter

WKR
Curious if anyone has had anything refurbished by Vortex. I have some Razor binos that I have been using and they are showing signs of wear.
They still work great but i would like to have them replace eye cup rubber, polish a scratch out of a lens and paint the body since it’s worn through in several spots.
I know I could just back over them with my truck and get a new pair but I don’t feel right doing that.
Would love to hear any experiences from others on costs on having non-warranty work done.

Yeah. I have picked up various things from AAoptics.com. They always have a good supply of refurbished Vortex glass.

No problems and just as good as new in all products I have had.

OP
nphunter

nphunter

WKR
Yeah. I have picked up various things from AAoptics.com. They always have a good supply of refurbished Vortex glass.

No problems and just as good as new in all products I have had.
I guess I should have been more clear. I’m wondering about having mine refurbished or they will do it and what it would cost. I will call them next week but just figured I’d ask if anyone else has used that service. I’m sure they do a great job.

Huntin Fool

Lil-Rokslider
I think I’ve herd where people send there binoculars in and vortex cleans them up and replaces any worn items on them, basically refurbishing them.

I guess I should have been more clear. I’m wondering about having mine refurbished or they will do it and what it would cost. I will call them next week but just figured I’d ask if anyone else has used that service. I’m sure they do a great job.
My bad. I misread. On reread it was clear enough.

DooleyVT

Lil-Rokslider
I sent them a diamondback spotter last spring that took a beating on hunt the previous season. It came back to me in about 2 weeks as good as new. No charge except shipping.

Curious if anyone has had anything refurbished by Vortex. I have some Razor binos that I have been using and they are showing signs of wear.
They still work great but i would like to have them replace eye cup rubber, polish a scratch out of a lens and paint the body since it’s worn through in several spots.
I know I could just back over them with my truck and get a new pair but I don’t feel right doing that.
Would love to hear any experiences from others on costs on having non-warranty work done.

You can't polish a scratch out of a lens. Lenses these days have coatings on them that are bonded to the lens. If you "polish out" a scratch, you're also polishing off coatings. They can probably replace the lens for you, but they aren't going to be polishing it.

Yeah, they do a good job. Sometimes I think they might just swap them out with new ones.

svivian

WKR
I’ve sent in my rangefinder many times and it comes back looking like new. The only bummer I had was a pair of the Japanese made razors I sent in with a serial number less than 500. They sent me new ones back instead of the original.

Flogger

FNG
That really sucks because the Japanese version razors were definitely a step above the gen 2’s in my opinion
I’ve sent in my rangefinder many times and it comes back looking like new. The only bummer I had was a pair of the Japanese made razors I sent in with a serial number less than 500. They sent me new ones back instead of the original.