Anyone ever tried the HQ Issue teepee tent?

I was thinking about trying the HQ Issue teepee tent and was wondering if any of you guys have ever tried one. 120$ for the 10x10 by 6'6" and weighs 14lbs 13oz. I saw it in the sportsman's guide. Thanks for any info.

I sure hope you are car camping cuz you don't wanna backpack that heavy SOB anywhere.

rayporter

WKR
a bud had a 12 ft green tipi just like that. it is not super well made but for a hundred bucks not bad. the floor is black but the same stuff as cheap blue tarp, but he will probably cut the floor out before it wears through.

he seam sealed it and we used it in turkey season. it rained 2 days and there were a couple drips but it did the job. we will use it again i am sure.

it would collapse with any amount of snow i would bet.

OP
wymtnpounder
Thanks for the info. I sleep under a cheap tarp now with my bed roll, so this might be the Hilton to me. I was thinking about cutting out the floor and putting in a stove jack. Maybe leave the center pole and cut my own.

jljmonky

FNG
I had one before Ray sold me his 8 man. The floor in my 10X10 was removable. After setting it up and realizing it wasn't as big as I thought 10X10 was I left it up for the kids. Go bigger is all I can recommend, especially if you can pack it.