Anyone Ever Tried the Klymit Inertia x lite torso length pad?

sargent

WKR
Has anyone ever tried the Klymit Inertia x lite torso length pad? At 5.6 oz it would save me 7 oz vs. my neoair xlite, but was wondering how much comfort I would be giving up.

mxgust

Lil-Rokslider
I have one. I like how light it is and how well it packs but comfort isn’t it’s greatest strength. It works, but I find I slide off of it more at night and definitely only use it in warm weather. It’s better than sleeping directly on the ground but you do give up comfort. I find myself leaving it behind for my heavier pad unless I’m doing a tough trip

I have one. (have the full length version too.) It's fine for summer use. Not as comfortable as the neoair, but it's ok. Certainly better than the evazote foam pads I used when I started out camping. If you don't have "old bones" that ache in the morning, it's a good way to save some weight on a mild weather sleep system.

Tbuckus

WKR
Don’t have that specific one, but have used the torso length pads in the past. It may not seem like an issue, but not having your feet on a pad was uncomfortable enough that I got rid of them and will endure the extra weight.

CougarBlue

Lil-Rokslider
One night. That's all I could do.

Just not a side sleeper friendly design. My shoulders cut right through it to the ground.

Elkangle

WKR
I used one for a while...while it sucked it was just enough...i even did a couple winter trips with it and for some reason it took two trips to figure that one out...

Another vote for summer only and if your really doing somthing hard

OP
sargent

sargent

WKR
Well... I got one. I found a hot deal on a refurbished pad and pulled the trigger. Initial impression is that it is probably just enough and definitely need to sleep on my back on this one. I also plan on using my pack as a pad for my legs and feet. I'm taking it to the Adirondacks to try and summit 20 of the 46 High Peaks in two and a half days. For me, that constitutes a hard trip and I'm packing as light as possible. We'll see how it works out.

mxgust

Lil-Rokslider
For that type of thing it will definitely get the job done. Good luck on your trip

Shedfreak

FNG
Had one, used it once. I decided a few extra Oz wouldnt kill me and went with something more comfortable

Hoghead

WKR
Anyone use it on a cot? I just ordered one and have a ultra light cot. I just wanted a little extra padding.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk