Anyone fed up with Audiobooks?

Oregonboy

WKR
I have a love/hate relationship with them for sure. I think when it's the author reading their own book, it's usually awesome, but otherwise it can be pretty tough. I don't think I ever returned a book due to content, it was all from unbearable narrators.

ODB

WKR
I have a love/hate relationship with them for sure. I think when it's the author reading their own book, it's usually awesome, but otherwise it can be pretty tough. I don't think I ever returned a book due to content, it was all from unbearable narrators.

John Grisham is the world’s worst author-narrators.

David McCullough is the best. Listen to His Wright Brothers book. Phenomenal.

bcv

Lil-Rokslider
The narrator can make or break the book but it helps to have quality books and subjects you're into.
Thanks for the heads up on returning and getting a credit back.

SOG by John Plaster is an awesome book. I read it back in my college days.

Geez I see a I’ve already commented on this a year ago lol. Yes I’m on Rokslide searching through audiobook threads looks for suggestions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
grfox92

grfox92

WKR

Geez I see a I’ve already commented on this a year ago lol. Yes I’m on Rokslide searching through audiobook threads looks for suggestions.

There is a new book that just came put called "SOG Code name Dynamite" by Dick Thompson. It's the first book of a 2 book series about his experience in SOG.

I believe it will be on audio book this fall. I wouldn't want to miss it.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

The10%

Lil-Rokslider

Id say my top 3 are are Lonesome Dove, Undaunted Courage , and Endurance. You've probably heard them though

Beendare

WKR
Old thread….but worth mentioning in case you don’t know….that free ‘ Libby’ app through the public library is great Once you learn to navigate it.

These links are for the same book titled 2034, written by an Admiral and Ex-NATO armed forces commander. Fiction book about hypothetical WW3 situation but based on his knowledge and experience in the world military theater. The narrator is awesome and this was the first book that had separate voice actors. If you listen to the book you’ll understand why the actors are needed.

Last edited: