Anyone finding misplaced or lost treasures while spring cleaning this year!

I had to go through some family photo's recently as we had a death in the family. In doing so I found this picture that I had taken after winning a promotional by a professional artist. Me along with others who also won would get ONE 10x13 picture of them or them and family or friends. I started boxing when I was 12 and my folks didn't have a lot of money and the technology was not very good back then, especially on the lower grade stuff. I did not have any really good pictures of me boxing or dressed out for a fight. I was still fighting and training as an amateur (never turned pro) at the time of this photograph. I was so happy to find it as I thought it was lost forever or had been damaged and thrown away. I had not had it put in a frame at the time of its disappearance.

It cracks me up to look at this picture taken in 1981. You will likely notice immediately the hair parted in the middle! Certainly the 80's with those golden locks. Then you can try as you might to be able to make out this very light blond mustache as we will call it for lack of a better term that is hovering on that upper lip. Pretty funny! Lets see what you other folks have found!!

I'm glad that I found it and I can add that it is safely in a picture frame and will be hung downstairs in my Man-Cave area. It sure brings back a lot of memories of boxing for 12 years.

1618762326408.png

Last edited:
Not a treasure on par with yours, but I bought some cool looking little crank baits for fishing pike, when I got home and opened the tackle box I found two unopened three packs of the same lures in there already. Don’t even recall buying them or ever seeing them before.

BFR

WKR
Been busy repairing drywall cracks and painting so haven’t started spring cleaning yet. Did find an album of pics I have from my university of VIet Nam tour.............man was I young. Turned 21 over there, celebrated with a firefight, fireworks galore.

OP
6mm Remington
Not a treasure on par with yours, but I bought some cool looking little crank baits for fishing pike, when I got home and opened the tackle box I found two unopened three packs of the same lures in there already. Don’t even recall buying them or ever seeing them before.
Classic Easter egg hunt! You didn't even know they had been hidden on you!

Not sure if anyone here is into this but I got one for you guys.....

Tom Brady just won his umpteenth Super Bowl so I go and dig out my Tom Brady RC cause I want to see how much it's worth and if I want to send it in to get graded. While digging through them, I find a early Kobe card and figured if I'm going to send one card I might as well save on shipping and send two. Before I send them, I have the brother in-law look up it's value. Low and behold it's worth some money, but the Jordan of the same set is worth quite a bit more. I haven't collected since I was a kid but I'm pretty sure I have one of those Jordan's too. So I dig through my stash again. Low and behold I have not one, but two Jordan's. To get top dollar for them you have to get them graded so they are getting sent off too. Before you guys laugh at a silly kids hobby, here is a recent ebay auction of the card, https://www.ebay.com/itm/Michael-Jo...CSGForum&toolid=10001&mkrid=711-53200-19255-0

o_O o_O o_O

Jordan 1.jpg

Never thought it would actually pay off!

OP
6mm Remington
Wow that's awesome. I have quite a collection of cards of professional boxers that my parents got me when I was younger as a gift. Without counting I'm guessing the number of fighters represented is in the 50 plus range! Now you have me curious as to what they are worth!!

Wow that's awesome. I have quite a collection of cards of professional boxers that my parents got me when I was younger as a gift. Without counting I'm guessing the number of fighters represented is in the 50 plus range! Now you have me curious as to what they are worth!!
I would check them out. Sports cards have gone absolutely nuts during this pandemic. You might be pleasantly surprised!

Sanchez

Lil-Rokslider
Not up to a Michael Jordan card, but I stumbled across my long lost book "Elk of North America". I read the book cover to cover when I was young and thought I had lost it or loaned it out for the last thirty years or so.

tdhanses

WKR

Tom Brady just won his umpteenth Super Bowl so I go and dig out my Tom Brady RC cause I want to see how much it's worth and if I want to send it in to get graded. While digging through them, I find a early Kobe card and figured if I'm going to send one card I might as well save on shipping and send two. Before I send them, I have the brother in-law look up it's value. Low and behold it's worth some money, but the Jordan of the same set is worth quite a bit more. I haven't collected since I was a kid but I'm pretty sure I have one of those Jordan's too. So I dig through my stash again. Low and behold I have not one, but two Jordan's. To get top dollar for them you have to get them graded so they are getting sent off too. Before you guys laugh at a silly kids hobby, here is a recent ebay auction of the card, https://www.ebay.com/itm/Michael-Jordan-1997-98-Fleer-Metal-Universe-23-CSG-9-5-With-Sub-Grades-Gem-Mint-/294077279933?nma=true&si=YBpn3fREC%2FQsW8VXJT5Ta49CXrc%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&campid=5338795807&customid=CSGForum&toolid=10001&mkrid=711-53200-19255-0

o_O o_O o_O

View attachment 284091

Link isn’t showing anything for that card, what did it sell for?

elkchsr

FNG
I was digging around looking for my turkey choke for my shotgun last weekend and found a 6x36 Leupold with the LRD reticle that I had forgotten about. I was pretty happy.

OP
6mm Remington
Not up to a Michael Jordan card, but I stumbled across my long lost book "Elk of North America". I read the book cover to cover when I was young and thought I had lost it or loaned it out for the last thirty years or so.
Not quite as useful and serious as that one but I have Jim Zumbo's book To Heck With Elk Hunting which is a great read and pretty humorous as well. If you would like to read it I would ship it your way and when you were finished with it just send it back home.

Pdog06

Lil-Rokslider
Found some memory sticks with some saved photos of hunting trips from 15 years ago. That was pretty cool to go thru.
But this weekend we’re going thru about 15-20 plastic totes that we had in storage. It basically has all of our kids clothes from when they outgrew them as they were growing up. My oldest is 21.... should be a fun time... then the dumpster is being delivered and most everything I haven’t used in 5-10 years that I have in storage is being thrown out.

Finch

WKR

Tom Brady just won his umpteenth Super Bowl so I go and dig out my Tom Brady RC cause I want to see how much it's worth and if I want to send it in to get graded. While digging through them, I find a early Kobe card and figured if I'm going to send one card I might as well save on shipping and send two. Before I send them, I have the brother in-law look up it's value. Low and behold it's worth some money, but the Jordan of the same set is worth quite a bit more. I haven't collected since I was a kid but I'm pretty sure I have one of those Jordan's too. So I dig through my stash again. Low and behold I have not one, but two Jordan's. To get top dollar for them you have to get them graded so they are getting sent off too. Before you guys laugh at a silly kids hobby, here is a recent ebay auction of the card, https://www.ebay.com/itm/Michael-Jordan-1997-98-Fleer-Metal-Universe-23-CSG-9-5-With-Sub-Grades-Gem-Mint-/294077279933?nma=true&si=YBpn3fREC%2FQsW8VXJT5Ta49CXrc%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&campid=5338795807&customid=CSGForum&toolid=10001&mkrid=711-53200-19255-0

o_O o_O o_O

View attachment 284091

You got me thinking about having some cards graded but I need to go through my collection and see what's what. How do you know what might be valuable other than big names like MJ in your example? I guess I could have a valuable card and not know it.

Also, it looks like a lot of the grading services from PSA are suspended. I take it you sent yours in before that?

You got me thinking about having some cards graded but I need to go through my collection and see what's what. How do you know what might be valuable other than big names like MJ in your example? I guess I could have a valuable card and not know it.

Also, it looks like a lot of the grading services from PSA are suspended. I take it you sent yours in before that?
I would start by looking for Hall of Famers and rookies And then search eBay. Make sure you look at the “sold” listings. Short print cards or inserts are always worth a little. Condition is sooo much of the value though. One dinged corner or crease and most aren’t worth getting graded. The difference between a 9 and 10 is very small but could mean hundreds of dollars.

Some of the mass over produced cards are starting to have some value too, but they have to be perfect. I played with my cards as a kid. Read the stats, lined them up and made teams, sorted and stacked them multiple times, so 99.9% of my childhood cards have issues.

i sent the Tom Brady RC and Metal Kobe in before PSA shut down but was too late for the Jordan’s so I sent them to CSG.

Pdog06

Lil-Rokslider
So today I continued to go thru every box and tote in my basement, and throw away as much as I could. Years ago my wife and I put together a “keepsake” box with stuff from our teenage years! Found it today. Among a lot of pictures, I also found the shell casing from the win 30-30 I shot my first deer with at the age of 12(I’m now 49). And also found my very first bible that I got when I was about 5-6 years old, which also had in it a card and message from my childhood Sunday school teacher... pretty awesome stuff and was fun to go thru everything.