Anyone from Montgomery Alabama?

Your best bet is to look into the Army Corp of Engineer land. Their land is usually along the river ways. They will get some pressure at the beginning of bow season, but not so bad once gun season starts and a lot of people vacate. Especially check out the larger tracts near Jones Bluff. This is your best option. period!!
Their smaller tracts you'll have to get near the property lines and catch deer coming onto for bed or passing through.
Clubs are a crap shoot as someone stated they'll change the rules as needed in their favor. Private tracts are hard to come by.

I'm sure you'll find someone on base that would like a hunting partner.

Good luck!

sconnieVLP

Lil-Rokslider
PNW folks speak plain english without any accent which is a dead give away to any southerner
Been to WA many times and always seem to draw a crowd with this southern drawl
The WI plates on my truck are the first giveaway. My first assignment was in MS and my lone bad experience with it was a guy following me into the parking lot of a grocery store. He came flying up in his truck perpendicular to me, jumped out and started yelling that he was “going to beat my Yankee a** all the way back to Wisconsin.”

Don’t want to derail OPs thread, but there’s some good gouge in here, so thanks to all that contributed. I’ll only be in Montgomery for a year, so with only one season to hunt I am planning on sticking to WMAs and probably some weekend trips to Benning and Rucker. Probably won’t pull the rifle out, going to stick to my bow.

Kodiak06

FNG
All they know is you ain't from round here.
That's literally every State in the country lol. I'm from Bama and every northern state I've lived in my accent was the first thing noticed. No need to make it sound like a bad thing...
PNW folks speak plain english without any accent which is a dead give away to any southerner
Been to WA many times and always seem to draw a crowd with this southern drawl
I'm from Bama and have an accent like you prolly do, true redneck, my wife/kids are Bama breed, speak plain english and have NO ACCENT lmao. I live in the PNW, their accent is just like the locals and always have been, there isn't one... With that logic, they would be asked where they are from when we're home. Not one time have one of them been asked where they are from in almost 14yrs here either. Not everyone in the South has the southern drawl, especially the private school gang.

Last edited:

Yoder

WKR
That's literally every State in the country lol. I'm from Bama and every northern state I've lived in my accent was the first thing noticed. No need to make it sound like a bad thing...

I'm from Bama and have an accent like you prolly do, true redneck, my wife/kids are Bama breed, speak plain english and have NO ACCENT lmao. I live in the PNW, their accent is just like the locals and always have been, there isn't one... With that logic, they would be asked where they are from when we're home. Not one time have one of them been asked where they are from in almost 14yrs here either. Not everyone in the South has the southern drawl, especially the private school gang.
The difference is, when I hear a southern accent I'm thinking they are more likely to be my kind of people. I think many in the south still think Yankees are the devil.

Kodiak06

FNG
The difference is, when I hear a southern accent I'm thinking they are more likely to be my kind of people. I think many in the south still think Yankees are the devil.
I know what you're saying but the PNW people don't have an accent compared to Michigan, Mass, New England and such, that was what I was gettin at. Myself on the other hand, stand out everywhere like a sore thumb with my southern accent. My son even makes fun of certain words lol. "Wrastlin" is one of the words :)

Swamp Fox

WKR
Everybody has an accent, if you really listen. The loss of regional accents is one of the worst effects of our country's mobility and mass media influence.

Bring back accents.

I hear a "neutral" accent like I do a wicked Boston nose-twang.

I had to tone down my drawl big-time to get through moves and bidness ... I mean "business" ...

Currently, I am enjoying a chipped back tooth which is cutting my tongue so I talk as if I have marbles in my mouth, which I associate with Philadelphia or thereabouts ....

Not that there's anything wrong with that ...

sconnieVLP

Lil-Rokslider
When I was living in MS I had a guy ask me if I was from Canada because of my accent. It’s really just certain words (bag, sorry, etc) and sayings now (ope) because I’ve been away from WI for so long. When I go home it definitely comes back with a vengeance, the dudes I work with always comment on it when I get back from leave.

Yarak

WKR
Nah we dont think Northerners are the devil
Northerners are in two classifications in the south
There are Yankees and damned Yankees
Now the difference is and Yankees is one that comes to visit and a damned Yankee is one that comes to stay LOL!!!

Yarak

WKR
I know what you're saying but the PNW people don't have an accent compared to Michigan, Mass, New England and such, that was what I was gettin at. Myself on the other hand, stand out everywhere like a sore thumb with my southern accent. My son even makes fun of certain words lol. "Wrastlin" is one of the words
Youre being modest when it comes to "southern words" you use
When I go up to WA there is no end to the ribbing I get with this drawl I have and the words I use but its all in good humor
Those guys love my cooking at elk camp particularly the breakfast I make and the Turnip Green Soup with cornbread for supper
I love being around people and the different cultures in the USA
Whats really funny is my older brother sounds nothing like me and yes we grew up in the same household

Yoder

WKR
Everybody has an accent, if you really listen. The loss of regional accents is one of the worst effects of our country's mobility and mass media influence.

Bring back accents.

I hear a "neutral" accent like I do a wicked Boston nose-twang.

I had to tone down my drawl big-time to get through moves and bidness ... I mean "business" ...

Currently, I am enjoying a chipped back tooth which is cutting my tongue so I talk as if I have marbles in my mouth, which I associate with Philadelphia or thereabouts ....

Not that there's anything wrong with that ...
I grew up outside of Philly. I've lived all over the country since then. It's funny going back home and hearing how everyone talks. My two favorite words are wudder (water) and dowg (dog).

Kodiak06

FNG
I grew up outside of Philly. I've lived all over the country since then. It's funny going back home and hearing how everyone talks. My two favorite words are wudder (water) and dowg (dog).
LOL, definitely accents there. I have a friend from philly

Kodiak06

FNG
I love being around people and the different cultures in the USA
Whats really funny is my older brother sounds nothing like me and yes we grew up in the same household
That's what I was getting at. I don't get any flack here, simply where ya from but if they guess Mississippi I give them crap lol. During the bar days, lots of free drinks and say "oil" :)

Grumman

WKR
Believe it or not Montgomery was one of the most diverse places I have lived. Lots of transplants in the area with the military bases and the Asian auto manufacturing. Outside of the constant heat I really enjoyed it there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kodiak06

FNG
Believe it or not Montgomery was one of the most diverse places I have lived. Lots of transplants in the area with the military bases and the Asian auto manufacturing. Outside of the constant heat I really enjoyed it there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had AF security roll up on me once in Montgomery. Our helo landed and I was running a part over to an HU25 crew and ran across the solid RED LINE, oops. Hurricane was near landfall and we were in a hurry lol

Yarak

WKR
That's what I was getting at. I don't get any flack here, simply where ya from but if they guess Mississippi I give them crap lol. During the bar days, lots of free drinks and say "oil" :)
Yeah I’ve got some laughs from saying “oil” up that way

headed to montgomery in a couple weeks. fingers crossed for some cold weather to get the bucks movin. really enjoyed my time there last year