Anyone get lucky in the Kentucky draw this year?

Gutshotem

WKR
I dont see anything updated in my portal but the website says they have until Friday the 20th to update accounts. Anyone watch the livestream or know if there's a list available?

Grumman

WKR
Me and my son struck out. I’m not a Facebooker but my wife found the replay of the livestream on there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
Gutshotem

Gutshotem

WKR
Me and my son struck out. I’m not a Facebooker but my wife found the replay of the livestream on there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yeah, I dont have FB either. Couldn't find the livestream on YouTube so I guess I'll just wait until they update account pages.

Some lucky guy got drawn for the second time this year. Unreal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FLATHEAD

WKR
You still believe these are 'random' draws?
I do hear some really shady rumors about the drawing.
And this is on a KY forum.
People drawing 3 times (Bull Tags).
Outfitter relatives getting drawn on a regular basis.
Husband AND Wife drawing Bull Tags the same year.
Not saying it's true or impossible, just stuff that makes
you go HMMMM?

wesfromky

WKR
They spend a lot of money on auditing firms for the drawing each year, so I would say it probably is run fairly, though hard to say for sure I guess. One thing that does seem to trip people up is the KY also has land owner tags that can be sold or transferred, so a lot of the "Drawn 3 times" might just be people buying one of those. I have put in probably 8-10 times now, and never feel like I am throwing money away. No points, so everyone has an equal chance each year.

The real issue is outfitters leasing up a lot of the land, making DIY public pretty tough. They relocated some elk to an area with more FS land this winter, so in a few years that should hopefully make DIY public a better option.