Anyone had a inguinal hernia? Advice appreciated

blackdog of vt

Lil-Rokslider
Yep, really all of a sudden without doing anything out of the ordinary that I know of. Very glad I didn't have it go while in the bush because I couldn't function after only a week of discomfort to full blown pain. The last time I went under I had a very bad reaction so that's why I wanted the mac route and no narcotics either.

Three weeks post repair- pain is almost gone. Started pushups and short runs this week. Saw the doc for a follow up and he still wants me to take it easy on lifting, have a 50lb limit. Shooting the bow, The rower, and rucking the stairs is in my future until I can hit the weights again in three more weeks.

The first three days sucked, but 10/10 would do it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blackdog of vt

Lil-Rokslider
Three weeks post repair- pain is almost gone. Started pushups and short runs this week. Saw the doc for a follow up and he still wants me to take it easy on lifting, have a 50lb limit. Shooting the bow, The rower, and rucking the stairs is in my future until I can hit the weights again in three more weeks.

The first three days sucked, but 10/10 would do it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have to say, I'm three weeks out too and can report the same. A few days early it sucked but pain is about like a mild pulled muscle now. I'm starting to workout again slowly and without much weight. I can't do pushups yet as the abdominal strain makes it unhappy still.
It's really no big deal overall and 100% worth the discomfort.

was reading a different hernia thread, and thought I’d leave another follow up here.

Over a year post-repair and I have no perceptible limitations. I run, bike, lift, and work at whatever I want.

Logged 75 miles in the co mountains in sep 2021, four months post op.

Been lazy lately, but had my barbell squat over 350 again this year.

Ruck 75 lbs regularly.

Used to get sore after long shifts on my feet, but that’s not the case any more.

Also, my scro doesn’t swell up to the size of a nice grapefruit. Which sounds impressive, but really isn’t.

Still glad I had it done.

Here I am stuck at work hurrying up to wait, so why not update the word on the status of my sack?

Two years post repair, no issues at all. The doc did tell me I’d have some scar tissue pop along the way, but there was no reason to be concerned. Happened a couple times with some soreness.

Doing bjj and judo now. Packed an elk out from #fivemilesback last year. Ruck weekly.

Reactions: ZDR

MJB

WKR
I had the surgery done but 8wks later popped again. That was 12 years ago still have the bulge but no issues 2" tear. It's only noticeable when my bladder is full.

I have a buddy that had 3 surgeries and he still popped it, now he has a belt to protect it.

Mik123

FNG
I had my small abodminal hearnia repaired at the Shouldice clinic using their non-mesh open incision method last November. I felt no pain before or after my surgery. For 6 weeks after surgery I was told not to lift more than 20 pounds. Just to be safe I did no lifting for 9 weeks, then eased into it very slowly. A couple of times I felt an itching sensation after a heavy workout. I think that was scar tissue breaking down. So far so good. I'm almost back to my previous weight lifting poundages.

My GP confirmed my Hernia and I meet with the surgeon next Tuesday. I see several people on here dealt with theirs for many years. I’ve only known about mine for 3 weeks and while it’s not severely painful, it’s very uncomfortable at times. After reading this thread, I’m hoping the surgeon recommends laparo.