Anyone hands on Kelvin Active Jacket?

jherald

WKR
Anyone have their hands on the Kelvin Active men's jacket yet? Curious about the sizing and fit specifics on this piece.

Kotaman

WKR
I looked at one last week. It'll be in my arsenal this year. The cut looks generous and should layer nicely. IMO the fit was a bit more generous than other Sitka jackets, in fact I could easily wear it over the Timberline which I feel is an "athletic" cut.

OP
jherald

jherald

WKR
I looked at one last week. It'll be in my arsenal this year. The cut looks generous and should layer nicely. IMO the fit was a bit more generous than other Sitka jackets, in fact I could easily wear it over the Timberline which I feel is an "athletic" cut.

Thanks, that's good info. I wear a medium or a large depending on their "athletic" or "standard" sizing so I'll start with a medium.

halg

Lil-Rokslider
Saw this yesterday at Scheels. Didn't realize what it was at first, and was totally checking it out in wonderment. Light, quiet (unlike other items in the kelvin line that rustle if you look at them. Seems like a reasonable amount of insulation, filing the hole between the traverse and the rest of the kelvin line, which is entirely too warm for any movement at all. Light, quiet, packs to about the size of a softball. They only had it in subalpine, so I ordered one in open country, simply because that's a better fit for the upper Midwest when it's cool enough to warrant something this warm.