Anyone have a Bergara rifle

Luked

WKR
Been looking to get a new rifle in 300 Win Mag. Been looking at the Bergara rifles some.
have seen the lower end B14 up close and seems to be a nice rifle but never shot one.
was curious if any of you all have one, or shot one and what your thoughts were on them.

JakeM51

FNG
They are really nice rifles. I’d recommend them to anyone looking for something in that $700 to $1,000 price range.

I have a Bergara B-14 HMR in 6.5 CM. It is sub-MOA accurate with several types of factory ammo, has a very nice trigger. I use it for PRS style-competitions, it would be a little heavy to hunt all day with but some of the lighter B-14 models would be ideal. Very smooth bolt.

Got my sons 7 MM Mag B14 Wilderness Ridges. These are some sweet guns. A bit heavy but shoot lights out. Great trigger, smooth bolt, nice stock. I have 3 Browning XBolts and really like them. But if I didn't I would most likely get a Bergara!

Drenalin

WKR
I have a B-14 Hunter in 30-06 and have no complaints. The action is slick (not that it matters), the stock feels great, and it puts bullets where I want it to. Mine with Talley lows, a Vortex Diamondback 4-12x40, 4 rounds, and a cheek riser (foam pad and fabric tape) weighs 8 lbs 6 ounces.

6.5 b-14 hunter. Shoots factory ammo extremely well. Light and clean trigger pull. Little heavy but they are pretty nice rifles off the shelf.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Just got a premier 2.0 mountian. might be a few weeks before i get it out but over all the rifle feels nice it has a ag composite carbon stock and tt trigger looks like a #2 or 2.5# contour barrel

I have a B-14 Hunter in 30-06 (seen in my picture) and I love it. I have it topped with a Sightron SIII 3.5-10x44 mounted on a DNZ Game Reaper medium height with 20MOA cant.

I added a Triad stock pack as a cheek riser and for comfortability (thing is really nice). It's a plus I can put a few rounds and a range card in there if needed.

Thing has been great so far and it got the job done last year on that elk (~250 yards) and a whitetail (~20 yards). It is as accurate as I am (~0.75 - 1.0 MOA) and I know I need to work more on shooting.

I would recommend it to anyone. It seems to be a great value rifle so far, but only time will tell.

MTElk1987

FNG
My wife uses a B-14 Hunter chambered in .270. She loves the gun and has been deadly accurate with it. It shoots Barnes TTSX 130 gr factory loads with MOA accuracy. The gun is a little heavy, but I don't think she minds as it has very little recoil as a result. I'd I highly recommend it anyone.

I have a B14 Ridge in .300wm with a MBM 'lil beast brake. It's a shooter and has moved into my primary elk rifle.

CorbLand

WKR
My buddy has an HMR in 6.5CM. Thing is a tack driver.

Last edited:

wrightjr

FNG
Im on my second one, good solid rifles for the money. Picked up my first one, which was a ridge model in 30-06. Was super accurate and well built. I picked up a wilderness model in 300WM last week that shoots well, I picked it up due to the price (750.00) and my desire for a lighter weight magnum rifle since my 5r Rem 700 is over 11 pounds and not fun to carry on long stalks/walks. Pull the trigger on one, you won't regret it.

ChrisAU

WKR
My 6.5 PRC Bergara B14 Ridge is the most accurate rifle I own - the first 5 shots out of the barrel using Hornady factory ammo shot 0.46" at 100 yards.

JoeDirt

WKR
I dont but my uncle does, he shoots long range. He first bought a Bergara in 6.5 Creedmoor, It shot lights out beyond sub MOA.

We have bought other rifles, Tikkas, Seekins, Savage, Weatherby, Winchester and some customs. Nothing shot like that Bergara so he bought one in 300 PRC and shoots amazing groups with many different ammos types. Still today both the Bergaras are the best shooting rifles out of everything ive seen.

I always liked the feel of the b-14 hunter. My brother is looking at one in 300 win mag. My only concern is every single one I have seen on a used rack has had more rust on the barrel than any other rifle. Literally the barrels were just a solid brown color. Now I know it could be the owners not taking care of them but I have seen 6-8 of them like this now. Anyone who has one notice that you have to take care of the blued Bergara barrel more than other rifles?

Have the B-14 HMR Wilderness in 300 wm. Little on the heavy side but sub moa accuracy with factory ammo. Highly recommend them

03mossy

WKR
I have a Wilderness Hunter in .300 wm. Just started shooting it and will be working up loads soon for this fall. It’s just feels like quality. Smooth bolt, nice stock, nice finish on the metal. I really like it and look forward to many hunts with it.

I have a Bergara B-14 HMR in 6.5 CM. It is sub-MOA accurate with several types of factory ammo, has a very nice trigger. I use it for PRS style-competitions, it would be a little heavy to hunt all day with but some of the lighter B-14 models would be ideal. Very smooth bolt.

I have the same stick. It’s a laser. I shoot the 143grn eldx. Pretty impressive for a $900 out of the box rifle.

Drenalin

WKR
I always liked the feel of the b-14 hunter. My brother is looking at one in 300 win mag. My only concern is every single one I have seen on a used rack has had more rust on the barrel than any other rifle. Literally the barrels were just a solid brown color. Now I know it could be the owners not taking care of them but I have seen 6-8 of them like this now. Anyone who has one notice that you have to take care of the blued Bergara barrel more than other rifles?
I let mine dry when it's been wet and always wipe it down before I put it away. I wouldn't say it's "more" maintenance than other blued barrels I've had, but maybe good habits are the reason why. I did have a muzzleloader with a Bergara barrel that I absolutely could not keep from rusting. So far so good on the B-14 though.