Anyone have a Canadian moose hunt booked for 2020

If I was your outfitter, I'd probably refund you just so I wouldn't have to deal with you ... If you have guided hunts scheduled for the next 2 years, there's a good chance they'll be pushed back a year as well, but you do you.
not so.. USA hunts are not affected.

A lot of hunters are submitting chargeback requests with their credit card issuers to get their deposits back when the outfitters don't issue a refund. Takes a few minutes and you get back every dime.

There is no way the island will survive the financial crisis of not hosting hunters... The only other industry up there is electric, & fishing.

JES

FNG
I guess by now we have all had our trips canceled. Hopefully will reschedule mine to the same dates next year. Looking at the positive sude, I will have better moon period next year instead of hunting the full moon this year.

keller

WKR
Mine rescheduled for 2021 a week earlier than I was scheduled for in 2020 but better than waiting till 2022.

wmd

Lil-Rokslider
I am booked for a Yukon hunt in 2021 providing the border opens. The outfitter I am using is having the 2020 hunters rebook and not rolling them into 2021, some can't go next year I was told and if they did that then would have to roll 2021 hunters to 2022 etc. Their thought it would be logistical nightmare so right or wrong that was their decision.

bartman9

FNG
Mine is moving everyone to next year and said they "should be able to fit everyone in". I hope that doesn't mean they are double booking everything. He said there should be a good moose population.

Last edited:

JLowry

FNG
Mine is moving everyone to next year and said they "should be able to fit everyone in". I hope that doesn't mean they are doubling booking everything. He said there should be a good moose population.
Mine is officially moving 2021 hunters to 2022. I don't think they can over hunt it too much since they're limited in the number of tags they're given.