Anyone have a Canadian moose hunt booked for 2020

Swampyak

FNG
I do. Unfortunately the odds dont seem great for the border being open.
What's others thoughts on the odds

keller

WKR
me too end of sep early oct.planning for the worst praying for the best. time will tell the story

teamr2

FNG
Have one booked for mid October. Doesn’t look great right now. A lot can happen in 4 months though...

Joseph2186

Lil-Rokslider
Have one booked to start September 26th, but I'm figuring that I wont be going this year the way things are going with the border. The short 30 day extensions are not helping either. Guess time will tell

CHL

Lil-Rokslider
So you’re saying there’s a chance!?!?!? 🤞🏻 Guess time will tell all. “If” we all do get to go to Canada as non-residents, seems like middle/end of September and October may be ya possibility. My outfitter in BC seems pretty optimistic by September they’ll open so I’m holding out hope for now.

INgunner54

Lil-Rokslider
September here too. First flight was already canceled. Booked a second after talking to the outfitter and being told hunt is still on. I didn't want to not have a flight booked in the event the borders do open. As said already hope for the best!

I’m glad to find there is a group of people who also googles “Canadian Border Opening” every day. We have a hunt booked for end of September to early October. This thread has given me a sliver of optimism, but I think our chances are slim, unfortunately.
As disappointing as it is, I feel bad for the Outfitters. Another business that is getting crushed by this. Thanks a lot ‘rona.

I have hunt booked for NL sept20-25th. I think it will be moved to '21. Oh well, I have already gotten all my gear purchased, so I'll be ready to go. I'll know for sure when I talk to the outfitter next week.

Aluminum Rain

Lil-Rokslider
NL last week of Sept here. Still preparing to go but doubt it will happen. NL has a 14 day quarantine just for other provinces of I read right.

nks

FNG
I'm also booked for September in BC. At this point I'm not expecting it to happen this Fall.

Budda

FNG
Newfoundland for first week of rifle. Went last year the second week of October. Snowed 4/6 days but I got a 36 inch bull. Snow didn’t stick in the valleys but the ridges were covered.

Attachments

• 1686BB8B-81DC-4D6C-9C56-63217983666C.jpeg
    1686BB8B-81DC-4D6C-9C56-63217983666C.jpeg
    364.4 KB · Views: 72

Pawvbow

FNG
I am booked for 2021. Just curious what everyone thinks the outfitters will do if non residents aren’t allowed to come this year. Will they push everyone back a year 2020 hunts would move to 2021 and 2021 would move to 2022, will they offer refunds, or will they re schedule the hunts to their first openings in future years?

I am booked for 2021. Just curious what everyone thinks the outfitters will do if non residents aren’t allowed to come this year. Will they push everyone back a year 2020 hunts would move to 2021 and 2021 would move to 2022, will they offer refunds, or will they re schedule the hunts to their first openings in future years?
I don’t have any inside knowledge on this, as I haven’t tried to cancel/reschedule with our guide yet. But I don’t expect 2021 hunters will be bumped to a later year to make room for 2020 cancelations. I think outfitters will fill 2021 out with the 2020 hunters that wish to rebook, offer refunds for those that don’t, and some might not have an opening until 2022.
I already have some plans for 2021, so I’m not sure we’ll try to rebook for next year. Maybe others are in the same boat.

INgunner54

Lil-Rokslider
Have you heard from him at all? I last spoke to him back in april.
Yeah, we emailed him and he finally replied. He's not the fastest to get back with you. Last word was hunt was still on. I already had flights canceled and had to re-book. Thinking was that if things do actually open up I better have a way to get there or that is on me.

Looks like even if they open the border there is a good chance there will be a mandatory 14 day quarantine which would not work with most people I would say. 10 days is doable for sure but, 24 is most likely out of the question for most folks.

Joseph2186

Lil-Rokslider
Same I booked a flight because I was afraid to wait any longer. But they've changed the times 3 times already so guess Ill see what happens. He told me the same thing pretty much. Guess well have to play it by ear and hope for the best.