Anyone have a Canadian moose hunt booked for 2020

I am first week of September, Northern BC. Moose/Goat, I have a bit of a good news bad news. I am Canadian so good news is I can go. Bad news is, my buddy who was gonna hunt with me is American. And I am 99% sure zero Americans are going to be hunting in Canada this year. Fortunately for me, my guide is being awesome about it. He is encouraging me to come this year solo by offering me a awesome deal next year for another goat only hunt. So I can at least still come with my buddy who is forced to now hunt next year.

PA Hunter

WKR
One booked Oct for Newfoundland outfitter pissed they aren’t being told anything and they have to order tags soon. They will be hurting if border closed this is their livelihood for the year coming up.

PA Hunter

WKR
I am booked for 2021. Just curious what everyone thinks the outfitters will do if non residents aren’t allowed to come this year. Will they push everyone back a year 2020 hunts would move to 2021 and 2021 would move to 2022, will they offer refunds, or will they re schedule the hunts to their first openings in future years?
Mine will honor 2021 which I can’t do or 2022 which I will have to do.

I spoke to my outfitter yesterday in Newfoundland. My 2020 booked trip will be moved to 2021 for the same week. He said they are not hunting at all this year. He is salmon fishing instead.

Pawvbow

FNG
I spoke to my outfitter yesterday in Newfoundland. My 2020 booked trip will be moved to 2021 for the same week. He said they are not hunting at all this year. He is salmon fishing instead.
Do you know if he already had clients for that week in 2021 or was that week still open anyhow? Good luck on your hunt!

WCB

WKR
Our outfitter just moved us to mid September. I am guessing that isn't going to happen either but no big deal... not sure after that what we will do...my guess will be move it to next year. Lucky we are very flexible in our schedules and none of our planned trips really start until Oct. and even then I can leave work with 24hrs notice and work mobile if needed so opens up a ton of options as far as dates and trip stacking.

The locals are going to decimate the road hunting area's. Local's usually get guaranteed Bull tags. If they go for a cow tag, it's a draw.

I imagine the fly in camps will have big Bulls 2021, as it costs big money to run a helicopter back & forth... and there'll be no money there if there is no hunting.

keller

WKR
E-mail from my outfitter in nl he said he heard their was talk of letting hunters through starting Aug 22????

Joseph2186

Lil-Rokslider
I hope thats true, even if they ask us to get tested before id be fine with it. I just emailed mine today asking what the game plan is if the hunt in canceled due to the border.

E-mail from my outfitter in nl he said he heard their was talk of letting hunters through starting Aug 22????

LMAO your outfitter is trying to keep your hopes up so you don't reschedule until its officially over. If they have not even opened it up yet for family members to come across and see family. Hunters are 100% not high on their list. Shit Trudeau might put us on the bottom of the list on purpose....

Reactions: WCB

Joseph2186

Lil-Rokslider
Yea, I just spoke with my outfitter pretty much said its not looking good at all for this fall unless something unexpected happens and he'd get in touch about rescheduling for 2021.

I'm sending positive energy out to the universe in the sincere hope that all you guys get to go on your moose hunts and have a great and successful time.

My motives are strictly selfish. If you all get cancelled this year, it means you'll all probably get booked in for next year and that will kill any shot I have of booking with one of the better outfitters.

The silver lining for y'all is that all those bulls will be another year older.

Best of luck to you all.

keller

WKR
im a positive attitude guy... do i think it will happen.... NO...is it possible...YES... the outfitter also said we could reschedule with our deposit for either 2021 or 2022 at the latest so as much as i want to go this year it may not happen. but DAMN...im starting to get concerned about 2021 the way things are going. best of luck to everyone and hope this shit goes away!!!

AKBorn

WKR
im a positive attitude guy... do i think it will happen.... NO...is it possible...YES... the outfitter also said we could reschedule with our deposit for either 2021 or 2022 at the latest so as much as i want to go this year it may not happen. but DAMN...im starting to get concerned about 2021 the way things are going. best of luck to everyone and hope this shit goes away!!!

The one possible bright spot for a 2021 hunt - it seems that a few potential vaccines are showing promise and moving through their clinical trials. Fingers crossed for you guys -