Anyone have a Canadian moose hunt booked for 2020

I just spoke to some local NL people. They are not enthusiastic about this season. Not the butchers, not the taxidermist, not the locals. The entire Island will be in poverty .. .. and the Moose population will explode.

We were scheduled for late Sept - Early October in BC. I spoke this the guide last week, and he didn't think there was any chance of the border opening. He is allowing us to roll our deposits forward to 2021. I hope the Outfitters can survive a year without guiding...

buzzy

WKR
The Canadian government doesn’t care if they keep the border closed for another year. How they ever expect their folks to survive is a mystery. I guess turn the printing presses on and hand out free money.

How many of you guys are last minute guys ? Being able to go on moments notice, should they open the boarder..

I can go if I'm packed...... I'd book a last minute flight, pay through the nose.... & just go. I know not many people can, but I'm fortunate with regards to my job being flexible.

CHL

Lil-Rokslider
Can roll on a moment’s notice thankfully. Don’t think they’ll open it up, but if they do I’ll be out the following day 🤞🏻

JES

FNG
I can go at a moment’s notice, flights booked, almost packed and basically ready. I’m still keeping positive vibes and hopeful it opens up, even though it’s not likely.

Joseph2186

Lil-Rokslider
I'm in the same boat flight and hotel is booked, and all packed and ready to go. But also ready to cancel the flight and hotel room and plan on it for next year. Well just have to hope for the best.

tntrker

WKR
I'd LOVE to get the call to go this year instead of my scheduled NL hunt next year as the flights are $1000 cheaper. We are "on call" if they get a cancelled hunt this year and open up, HOWEVER, nothing wrong with staying on schedule for next year as hopefully one's bad fortune of not being able to hunt this year would be my good fortune of potential bigger moose opportunity next year.. selfish I know but it is what it is...

Nomadx2

Lil-Rokslider
Spoke to my guide yesterday. They are hoping that a covid negative test exemption will be put in place for entry. Scheduled for 1st week in Oct to Alberta. Guide said he will roll $$ over to 2021. He is not real optimistic.

Downwind

FNG
As a BC resident I will say plan a different hunt. Even for residents areas are being restrict. The Tahltan nation in northwestern BC has restricted travel residents only and Haida Gwaii is restricting access to island residents only too. Canada/US border restrictions are getting more restrictive not eased. Pray for a vaccine. Probably only chance the border restrictions will be lifted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WCB

WKR
How many of you guys are last minute guys ? Being able to go on moments notice, should they open the boarder..

I can go if I'm packed...... I'd book a last minute flight, pay through the nose.... & just go. I know not many people can, but I'm fortunate with regards to my job being flexible.

I could roll out within an hour if need be...We were planning on driving anyways. I have a "normal" job. But manager just requires 24hr notice and since I'm basically working from home anyways and the truck has WIFI when I'm not driving I can work.

keller

WKR
My neighbor is booked with Macmillan river outfitters. Yukon. they just moved him to 2021.

14rubitwa

FNG
I have a trip booked for 2021. I just hope that I dont get kicked to 2022. Because of moving the 2020 hunts to 2021. I guess thats up to the outfitter. Those getting to hunt the 2021 season should see a bunch of moose.

North61

Lil-Rokslider
There is almost no chance for a hunt this year. Sorry but the appetite for opening the Canadian border is very low with Covid rates as high as they are now. Hopefully we all get a handle on this thing and you have a good hunt next year.

tntrker

WKR
I still haven’t heard anything official from my outfitter in Newfoundland

My outfitter just said this morning they (them specifically) were not having a season this year. I don't know if it's just them or the "Rock" in general.

JasonM

FNG
My outfitter just said this morning they (them specifically) were not having a season this year. I don't know if it's just them or the "Rock" in general.
I’ve pretty much written it off for this year. There should be some really nice bulls around next year

Southeast

FNG
I'm one of those with a BC hunt book for next year who wonders what is going to happen with all the 2020 rollovers. What a strange situation...

I had no plans to hunt Canada when someone here posted their spot for sale. I moved fast and before I knew it I was on a tiny turbo prop flying way to low to the mountain tops. Had the best time. Found out a whole group cancelled, I had purchased one of six spots and ended up having the huge ranch house all to myself. Sometimes keeping your options open is the best strategy. I hope things work out for you guys. Moose hunting in Canada is amazing.

IMG_2186.JPG