Anyone have issues w/ Pelican cases?

KSBackCountryHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Was looking at getting a new bow case and thought I was sold on a Pelican case but hearing some not so good stories about the cases warping--even when stored in proper/temp controlled environments. Anyone ever heard/seen/had issues w/ this? Looking for a good solid travel case-- a buy once cry once kinda deal so want something good that will last.
TIA for any feedback!!
Cheers!

Wildlifer

Lil-Rokslider
Ive had the Pelican Air bow case for awhile now, No complaints so far. It's lived in the back of the truck for a week at a time with temps from 20-80 with no issue.

Smithb9841

Lil-Rokslider
I do not have one of the bow cases but we use their cases at work for shipping 100lbs molds back and forth across the country and have never had issues with them. And we all know how UPS handles packages lol.... And they are the exact same design just a different shape for what we use.. after using them the last 3 years I would buy one for my bow or rifle if I was going the route of a hard case. And we have never seen any warping with our cases.

I have one for rifles. 10 years old maybe older. In and out of temps from 100 or better to 30 or below. Mostly in the heat of florida. No such warpage experienced on my sample of one. I have a few other smaller cases and no issues there either. My Dad always said I could tear up an anvil.

I have had good luck with them getting electronics into camps all over the world. Only issues I have ever seen were disintegrated foam, or gaskets getting messed up on ancient ones. Never seen one warp?

OP
KSBackCountryHunter

KSBackCountryHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Hmm I’m starting to think the warp stories were likely just a couple lemons on the production line! Appreciate the feedback all!

Shotshill

FNG
They are the shizzle and my 3 are and have been great... mine stay in the garage all year and it swings from 110-30s.... buy with confidence from an American manufacturer.

I have seen them used and abused for years by me and in the military. Rubber gasket can go over the years but it is replaceable. Foam can be spendy if you want to use for multiple items. Apart from their weight, even empty, and shooting one with an arrow (don’t ask), I cant recall a problem.