Anyone have issues with Wrangler cancelling your order?

bobr1

WKR
I had read a lot of hype about the wrangler stretch waist outdoor pants and wanted to get a pair. So last year when they had a buy one get one half off I got them and I was really impressed for the price, especially since I normally wear the Prana Stretch Zion as my everyday/hunting pants and they are a bit pricey.

Anyways, I wanted to order more Wranglers this past sale and put in my order. However, I got an email later that day that they cancelled part of my order, the one set that was half off. So I got in contact with their customer service and they said it was because they were sold out in that particular size and color. He said the website doesn't actually keep an accurate account of the items that are in stock or not. Anyways, I wanted to cancel the entire order but he said I can't cancel your order once it has been placed (even though they cancelled the other one). So I had to wait for the one pair to get here before I could return them to get my money refunded. Took almost 2 weeks and they just got here. I don't know, I was really irritated by the situation and was hoping maybe they would give me the one pair for half off or offer me an extension on the sale, but the customer service guy was pretty rude and then just ended the conversation. I didn't open the package and just contacted them to send me the refund stuff, so they send it and also tell me Due to high demand and system maintenance, refunds may be delayed approximately 4 weeks.

Has anyone else experienced this with them? I am not trying to talk bad, but I am frustrated that I couldn't get them on sale or cancel my order when they were the ones that did not have the item in stock. I am hoping to get more in the future but I do not want to deal with this prolonged headache again.

Last edited:

Hondo

WKR
A few years back I ordered 2 pair during the BOGO sale and one of the pairs turned out to be unavailable. They immediately refunded me so that I only paid 50% for the pair i received and still gave me free shipping even though my total was then below the free shipping threshold. Sorry to hear they didn't do that for you.

BTW I quit using their pants because they aren't that great due to the substandard fabric and stitching. You aren't missing out on much IMO.

Last edited:

bsnedeker

WKR
A few years back I ordered 2 pair during the BOGO sale and one of the pairs turned out to be unavailable. They immediately refunded me so that I only paid 50% for the pair i received and still gave me free shipping even though my total was then below the free shipping threshold. Sorry to hear they didn't do that for you.

BTW I quit using their pants because they aren't that great due to the substandard fabric and stitching. You aren't missing out on much IMO.

I had the same experience regarding a BOGO.

I have the opposite opinion regarding the pants. themselves They aren't top of the line pants, but when you can buy 4 of them for the same price as a pair of Prana's or like 15 pairs of Sitka/Kuiu/whatever they are the only pants I buy anymore for early season hunts.

YMMV.

Easier to watch a $25 pair of pants pick just as easily and quickly as a $140 pair (Kuiu Attack) or $209 pair (Kryptek Tora).

OP
B

bobr1

WKR
Yeah, I know they are not comparable to those other level of pants. I just liked them because I didn't feel as bad tearing them up compared to the Prana's and were still really comfortable, especially for the half off at like $16 a pair.

grfox92

WKR
They are at Walmart everyday for $21. So that will save you the hassle of dealing with them directly.

In terms of their customer service. It's terrible. I've been having the crotch in Wangler Jeans started shredding like pulled pork. Not ripping or tearing, but the fabric literally seperating like slow cooked meat. Sometimes up front sometimes in the actual crotch and sometimes in the back, buy all in the general crotch area.

I contacted them, got the run around and won't buy Wrangler Jeans anymore.

The stretch pants however I've never had an issue with and will continue to wear hunting and to work.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

dtrkyman

WKR
I have not paid more than 50$ for Prana pants, Backcountry has a sale periodically. My favorite pants, wear them daily and hunting.

bsnedeker

WKR
I have not paid more than 50$ for Prana pants, Backcountry has a sale periodically. My favorite pants, wear them daily and hunting.
That's cool. The stitching on Prana Zions doesn't hold up either in my experience though. The seams on the cuffs in particular just don't hold up to a week long hunt. I have like five pairs and they are all beat to hell after minimal use.

I'll stick with 20 dollar pants myself.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

dtrkyman

WKR
The Prana have been surprisingly tough for me, the wrangler pants were not available in the store in my size so I never tried them.

I have a green pair that have been beat! still going strong, only a few burn holes from camp fires.

I got a pair of the wranglers this year and am pretty happy with them so far. I’ll definitely be buying more of them.

Fatcamp

WKR
That's cool. The stitching on Prana Zions doesn't hold up either in my experience though. The seams on the cuffs in particular just don't hold up to a week long hunt. I have like five pairs and they are all beat to hell after minimal use.

I'll stick with 20 dollar pants myself.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Ya, Eddie Bauer stitching failed for me as well. I wonder if all these pants get sewn at the same factory and their thread changed at some point. All of these have regular reports of failed stitching in pants that used to be solid.

I think buying Wrangler at Walmart, saving the receipt, and just taking them back when they fail is my next plan.

I originally used a model of Wrangler stretch pants with just regular pockets. Very tough. Lasted for years but they discontinued that model.

Titan_Bow

WKR
Prana Zions are one of the only pants I have had that didn’t fall apart after a few hard hunts. They are one of the only pants I’ve found that are double and triple stitched at the seams. I have pairs that I bought over 5 years ago, that have been worn on many many hikes, hunts, and days at work. Literally hundreds of cycles in the wash, and they look great. For comparison, I have literally destroyed Kryptek and First Lite pants after a season or two of hard hunting.
I’m not saying Prana’s are the best thing out there, but they definitely are made better than most other pants options out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could be a simple change from a nylon or polyester thread to a cotton or cotton blend thread. Would look relatively similar, but be much weaker.

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
On the wranglers-has anyone noticed the pockets changed? My latest pair the pocket opening is higher and flat and a real PIA to get my hands in-or maybe I’m confusing them with the Eddie Bauer pants which pockets are slanted and easy?

Maki35

WKR
It has happened to me on various websites.. Amazon, Walmart, Bob's, GNC, etc. The website shows it's available... I place the order & even get confirmation#. A day or 2 later I'll get a message: this or that is sold out or unavailable and it was removed from my order or my order was completely cancelled.
I've ordered the Wrangler flex pants from Walmart because my local Walmart did not have my size. I waited 4 weeks and they still haven't restocked. So I ordered 3 pairs on Walmart.com. They're delivered to my house. I opened the package and find 3 pairs of cheap slacks. Sent them all back for a refund. Now their website shows my size & color is out of stock. oh well.

Hondo

WKR
Easier to watch a $25 pair of pants pick just as easily and quickly as a $140 pair (Kuiu Attack) or $209 pair (Kryptek Tora).
Picks are the least of my concern. Blown out crotches and pocket failures are the primary reason I don't buy the wranglers anymore. They are great until they aren't and the times they aren't is far too frequent for me.

I still have a use for the remaining ones I have, beater pants for the ranch. I just don't feel that they are reliable enough to take on a trip anywhere and I don't need anymore beater pants. I'd much rather have 1 pair of Kutana's than 5 pairs of wranglers. To each his own I suppose.

Last edited: