Anyone have KUIU TAKU duffle straps come unhooked

Have the 5500 & 9000. Love the bags but the metal keepers on mine pop out fairly consistantly. I've occasionally forgot to verify the keepers are latched before lifting and thus the straps release from the bag under a load. Not a huge problem I just need to better train myself to constantly check them. Just curious If anyone else has had the same issue. I did contact Kuiu and the guy said:

"Those clips just need to be pushed all the way in. I've had this same "issue" but it's not an issue, just need to make sure when you put the metal loop in the hook, you have to make sure it's all the way at the bottom and slowly release it so it doesn't bounce back up."

And yes of course I've made sure they are hooked all the way. One of them eventually manages to pop off.🤷🏽‍♂️
54D28033-A8B1-4BB9-97BD-93585B6090EC.png

88599C66-CE74-4B2E-B4D3-7B2385021965.jpeg

Last edited:
Happened to me a couple of times mob’ing and demob’ing from Alaska. Probably a little user error mixed with the product itself. Still like the bags overall. The newer waypoint duffle looks 1000000x better though

Mine is getting used in my panyards on my mule almost daily. It wasn’t bad at first, but now it’s basically daily. Very annoying. I’ve almost trained myself not to use straps now, and just use handles.

I don’t have those duffels, but I have the same clips on my KUIU pack and hate them. Especially on stuff on the bottom of the pack like the bow and gun holders, you set it down, pick it up again, and they have popped open. Most of them are also sewn in so it’s not an easy swap to a typical QR buckle.

I need to figure out some type of retainer to hold them closed. I generally don’t need to actually buckle and unbuckle them in the field one my pack is configured how I want. Might mess with some rubber bands for braces or something.

msstate56

Lil-Rokslider
Yes. I’ve had this same problem. I use the very small zip ties and secure the “bail” to the plastic part. They haven’t come loose since.

junior

WKR
Anyone know what this type of clip is called that’s on the Taku gear bags? I’m wanting to get a couple.

Or any other suggestions for attaching a strap onto a 2-3” loop similar to what the Taku bags have going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The newer waypoint duffle looks 1000000x better though

I have a waypoint and its awesome, but the second time I used it, one of the side lock buckles on the shoulder straps busted. Luckily I didn't have far to go with it. Kuiu offered to send me a replacement buckle, but I just cut all 4 off and replaced them with ITW buckles.

Anyone know what this type of clip is called that’s on the Taku gear bags? I’m wanting to get a couple.

Or any other suggestions for attaching a strap onto a 2-3” loop similar to what the Taku bags have going on.

Its called a gatekeeper. Kuiu will likely send you a few if you email and ask, otherwise Seek Outside sells 3/4" ones in a 10-pack, or nicer 1" ones in a 6-pack. Marsupial also sells that same nicer buckle for their "buckle delete kit".

If you dont have to take them on and off often you could use a split bar ladder lock as well, but you'd have to string your strap through them to get them on and off, so thats more of a permanent solution.