Anyone have the Pnuma heated vest?

NDGuy

WKR
My wife got me the heated vest for my birthday, curious if anyone has the vest and can provide their thoughts.

Does it work well? Batteries last decent? Just looking for input to decide if I will keep it.

H80Hunter

WKR
It's one of my favorite dollar for dollar items. Buy an extra battery. The life is close to what they advertise but it comes in handy to just swap them out with an extra.

OP
NDGuy

NDGuy

WKR
Good to know thank sir. I am guessing it will definitely have it's uses!

gwalker

FNG
The vest is very nice, provides warmth when needed especially on the high setting. I live in ND and I've been using it for treestand and glassing the last 2 seasons, well worth the money. I'd suggest buying an extra battery, again the battery life is pretty much as advertised. I also have some friends that use it for outside construction work during the winter and really like it. I also use it during my daughters and sons hockey games as some rinks in the ND and MN can get cold.

Squirrels

WKR
I have one, as others said, get an extra battery. If nothing else for peace of mind, the run times are pretty close to advertised. I'm really glad I got one. They now have pants and I am thinking I'd like to have some. Does not get bitter enough cold here where I do most of my hunting to warrant the vest or pant. I have good stuff that can keep me warm. My favorite part about them is I can wear less layers.

Ravenk

FNG
It's a really nice and functional vest, just get an extra battery like everyone suggested and you're good plus your wife will be happy to know you're keeping it.

OP
NDGuy

NDGuy

WKR
Thanks I think that's all I needed to hear thanks gents.

I couldn't find anything too crazy review wise online so appreciate the input!

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
I've been using the Pnuma heated vest off and on for a few years, but I've always used it as more of a backup.
Last night I decided to try to rely more on the heated vest and go relatively light. Up top I decided to wear a FL quarter zip base and then only vests - the Pnuma heated, FL Brooks and FL Sawtooth. It seemed to work out really well (plenty of pockets in the Sawtooth, and good freedom of movement), so I will probably take the plunge on the Pnuma pants. (Man, the price has gone up pretty significantly on their heated stuff.) Part of my hesitation is due to the amount I've spent on merino wool, but I know they aren't mutually exclusive.

Two seasons with mine now and I really like it minus the small battery. I wear mine over a merino base layer and layer accordingly. One small complaint that's very personal is battery placement. With me using an RC harness battery changes are a pita for me and unsafe for sure. If not for losing the lifetime warranty, I'd replace the battery connector with a style that would fit a larger battery.