Anyone have this issue with their Kifaru pack?

OP
U

Ut300

FNG
Kifaru makes 2 type of frames. The loops are on the lite and not on the duplex frame. You actually have the lite frame. When I was researching packs for bulky/hefty loads I saw nothing but complaints about the Kuiu. If your Kuiu fits and works for you great! All I can say is you are the exception!

Here's a post with around 5 pages about "Why no love for Kuiu packs." https://www.rokslide.com/forums/threads/why-no-love-for-kuiu-packs.167898/

Just looked it up, you must be referring to the duplex Tactical rather than the duplex lite. This looks like a much better design than the one I have. Pretty hard to shell out another $400

Jimss

WKR
They were just on sale for less than $300. Sell yours for around the price you paid or try to return it if you aren’t happy and buy the tactical.

OP
U

Ut300

FNG
**UPDATE**
So I wanted to give a quick update to this thread. Don't know if anyone will even read this or not being an older thread. I think I finally have my kifaru dialed in.

When I updated my frame a couple years ago I went with the shorter shoulder straps. I thought where I'm shorter, I would need the shorter straps. Big mistake! I'm shorter but stout. When the new straps arrived this past Dec, I compared them to the old straps. The new straps were about 1/4 inch wider! As mentioned at beginning of this thread, Kifaru tightened up the webbing (4 loops) because I thought there was slop (too loose). Initially I'm thinking No Way, I might have to send this back again to have them loosen the webbing this time!! I got the straps to fit and they are snug as hell but it works. So my question is...is Kifaru making the straps a little wider now or did I just get some from a shitty batch the first time? I'll never know. I'll just say with these longer shoulder straps this pack feels so much better and I'm excited to start using it again. My first frame that came with the pack several years ago fit okay but I thought the frame size was a little long. I ended up selling that frame. This frame now is a medium but with long straps.

Could Kifaru possibly change the sizing process and maybe match to your chest size when you order? I did see a YouTube video after the fact where Aaron mentioned stocky guys should go with long straps.

Sorry for the long post. Just wanted to say that l'm pretty pumped to start using this older (but like new condition) Mt Warrior pack! My intention was not to talk down on Kifaru. I did have the webbing issue but then me being dumb I realized I had the wrong length shoulder straps!

ljalberta

WKR
Hope you’re able to give it the proper test hauling out some meat this year. The Mountain Warrior is one of my all time favourite pack designs.

OP
U

Ut300

FNG
Hope you’re able to give it the proper test hauling out some meat this year. The Mountain Warrior is one of my all time favourite pack designs.
Yeah, hope I can test it out also. Threw some weight in there and it felt like money. My original frame with this Mt Warrior felt great but just seemed a titch long.

OP
U

Ut300

FNG
I tried the lite frame but prefer the Military or my older Hunter Lite. Not sure this helps or is an option. I am a fan of the KUIU pack as well and to me unless over a 100-lbs feel it rides more comfortable, but like boots it is opinion.
I love my kuiu 5500. It proved itself in NV this past Fall. Now I feel I have two kick ass packs so I'm pretty stoked. I know kuiu isn't really loved on here but oh well. Hard to explain but it's like the kuiu is an amazing light weight minimalist pack. Ten years down the road the kifaru would be in better shape if put through same tests as kuiu. But it'll be hard not to throw the kuiu in when going extra light.

C.payne

WKR
After watching the videos I defiantly agree it looked like a fitting/incorrect component issue.
I am 5’7 and 180 lbs and have to run the xs belt, long shoulder straps and curved stays.
Due to my caveman like proportions I love Kifaru for the complete modularity and options. I just don’t fit into the standard body type mould.
Glad you got everything to fit!

jbwright

WKR
Yeah man, glad you got it to fit too ^^^. Just read through this thread and thought of a vid I watched recently on YT with Aron going over how to make those pack adjustments. That video saved me a lot of time and headache as I'd just returned from my maiden voyage with my Duplex Lite/Stryker/Camp Bag. Loved the modularity but needed to make some adjustments after feeling slightly uncomfortable, relatively speaking, with a new setup. I thought some adjustments would be the ticket...and they were. I remember in the Vid Aron saying stockier dudes should consider longer shoulder straps b/c of the issues he'd seen w/gaps between packs and backs, and maxing out the load lifters without any wt. Good stuff