Anyone hunted Giles Island?

Face8780

Lil-Rokslider
I booked a hunt. I've been on their waiting list a while. All the online reviews are mostly people that have heard from others. I'd like to hear from someone that has actually been there in the last few years. How was it??

jrnorton4

FNG
I went there just to visit a few years ago. The lodge is super nice, people are great. We saw some studs riding around. I know a guy that used to guide for them; he says the deer are huge, and its a great hunt. Its only about an hour from us, so we hear about it occasionally. I don't know where you are from to tell you how body size will compare around here, but we don't have midwest-sized deer. Large adult does average 110-120, a really heavy stud buck will be around 210-230, occasionally one that is bigger. Over by the river, the antlers are the best in the state. I have friends over there that say the best bucks will swim the big river back and forth during the rut.
Again, hearsay, but its all I got for you. Its more about the area than about the Island in particular, but just being in that area ups your chances of a really good deer. I know of a 150 inch 8 pt and a 160 inch 10 point shot within a mile of there in the last few years.