Anyone hunting long range with an AR?

22lr

WKR
Originally my plan was to build a light weight rig. At least light in the AR world, but the price for all the lightweight options deterred me. So I figured I would just slap it together and use it to shoot steel, mostly, with an occasional outing in the woods just for $&!%'s and giggles. And I wasn't expecting phenomenal accuracy, just 'ok.' Except I incidentally built one of, if not THE most accurate firearm I own. My thought was if I could suffer packing it around (which was actually made rather pleasant with the Kifaru Gun Sling) for a mile or 2 into some good glassing spots with up to say a 5-700yd shot possibility then the rifle would be more than adequate in the right situations. My Finnlight 300 WSM has spent plenty of days in the woods, and honestly I don't have one dedicated hunting rifle. Granted this AR isn't going to be going with me every day, but there are gonna be some more times where it gets to go for a ride.

I know how that goes, LOL. The beauty of the AR platform is you can slowly mod them to get to the weight you want. Then, at the end of the day, you take all the original componants and now you magically have 2 ARs! Its really a win win!