Anyone in BC (Fraser Valley) looking for a hunting partner?

KBC

WKR
I've tried the local forum (HBC) but since this forum lacks a lot of the drama most of the other forums have, maybe I'll have better luck finding someone here.
I'm in the Fraser Valley and would like to move to more backpacking style hunting next season if anyone is thinking about doing the same.
Currently I set up camp at the truck and hike from there or ride the ATV somewhere and hike but I'd like to do more packing in to hunt. I need a bit more gear to backpack hunt-a shelter and a sleeping bag mainly, that I plan on picking up by next spring. In the past I have done a fair amount of backpacking so I have experience there, just not backpack hunting.
About me;
I'm into archery and rifle hunting. I dream of elk but I always buy a tag for just about everything.
40 years old with a wife and 2 kids, one of which is almost old enough to get his hunting license and wants to hunt too.
I got into hunting late so last year I shot my first deer. Although I still have plenty to learn, I think I'm starting to figure some stuff out.

Shoot me a message if you want to meet up and BS, hang out at the range and shoot guns or bows or both. There's plenty of time before archery season opens in 2021 to figure out if I'm a worthy hunting partner. I am headed out in a week and a half for the end of elk season and may go after deer in November/December as well though.

Chirogrow

Lil-Rokslider
I wish I could help you out! I don't live in BC but I am looking to do a drop camp moose hunt up there in the near future and it seems like the prices are much cheaper if you have a local! I'd be more than happy to hunt with you up there. I've done some AK drop camps and was looking to go try something different, (and cheaper). I love back country hunting and find it hard to find people around me to want to pack in a few miles. I tried reaching out on some of the canadian forms and had the same experience with people being rude and lots of drama. I'll reach out in the future to see if youre still looking for someone to hunt with.

Reactions: KBC

Osprey87

FNG
Best bet would be to go to the local bha meeting once they start back up as the members there are a lot more friendly and welcoming then other clubs. That being said I live in the tri-cities and if your still looking next year let me know always willing to help like minded people

Reactions: KBC
OP
K

KBC

WKR
@Chirogrow A back pack moose hunt sounds challenging ;) Maybe I should read up on moose. The only almost-legal moose I've seen was last year. The day before archery season I followed a spike-fork up the logging road on my way to finding a spot to camp. It was August 31 and spike-fork moose opened for archery the next day. I swear he knew it and he jiggled his junk a little extra in my truck's headlights while I followed him up the hill for a few hundred yards lol. Outside of that I've only spotted cows and calfs.

@Osprey87 As far as BHA goes, I'm on the fence. I think they do some great stuff but sometimes they use dirty money to do it.

Is the Poco range allowing guests? I hear they have a decent 3D range. If you're are a member and want to meet up to shoot let me know. I'm a member at Mission but they aren't allowing guests yet.

Osprey87

FNG
Not a member myself, but as far as people willing to help each other out or people willing to backpack hunt with others that group is the most welcoming. As far as ranges go I haven't been to a range in years, much rather go out to the bush to do some shooting.

MZac

FNG
I'm interested. Live in Langley area. First year big game hunting and around the same age. Did some waterfowl last season in the LMD and have a turkey bear hunt planned for April 15. Definitely looking to get out for day hunts for bear.

I can't pm yet here because I don't have enough posts but feel free to fire me a message if you're still interested. I have a son as well that sounds to be around the same age as yours.