Anyone install stove jacks in a tipi tent?

I picked up a Slumberjack Tipi for a really good price. Yes, I wanted a seek outside, but for my needs the SJ will be fine. I also have a cylinder pack stove for it.

Only thing I’m missing is a stove jack so I bought one from Luxe. I can’t use a sewing machine to save my life. My wife said she’d sew it on for me, but I question when she’ll actually take the time to do it. Anybody out there offer a service to install one? If not, I’ll see if anyone in my area can see it on for me.

Also, if anyone has installed a stove jack in a SJ tipi is like to see a pic. Seems like I might have to go a bit lower than I wanted due to the seems being pretty close together as you get near the peak.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reaper

WKR
To bad i am in Canada,i have an industrial sewing machine and its pretty easy to do.

Maybe you can ask member "Pod" or do it yourself,its easy.

Envoyé de mon Pixel 2 en utilisant Tapatalk

11boo

WKR
If you look hard enough you will find someone doing “gear repair” within an hour or two of you.
They have the right machines to sew outdoor gear.

Check with local camping/outdoor store, they usually know who is doing it.

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Double the fabric before double stitching. Once you sew it on, Aquaseal the seam. Add a liner to combat condensation.

The SJ is literally just to hold the pipe vertically and you want the stove close to the middle pole, so the SJ will likely be within 15" from the tipi point...

Consider sewing it in place before cutting the tent fabric.

Legend

WKR
I have done my own. One trick I did was sewing the stove jack to velcro and then sewing velcro to the tent. Next i sewed velcro to a clear vinyl. Now I have a stove for the winter and a window for the summer.

I also added a flap of material on the top edge to direct water away from the seems.

Readypro1

FNG
I picked up a Slumberjack Tipi for a really good price. Yes, I wanted a seek outside, but for my needs the SJ will be fine. I also have a cylinder pack stove for it.

Only thing I’m missing is a stove jack so I bought one from Luxe. I can’t use a sewing machine to save my life. My wife said she’d sew it on for me, but I question when she’ll actually take the time to do it. Anybody out there offer a service to install one? If not, I’ll see if anyone in my area can see it on for me.

Also, if anyone has installed a stove jack in a SJ tipi is like to see a pic. Seems like I might have to go a bit lower than I wanted due to the seems being pretty close together as you get near the peak.

Thanks.

If you make it to Bend Gear fix in downtown can do it.

OP
F
To bad i am in Canada,i have an industrial sewing machine and its pretty easy to do.

Maybe you can ask member "Pod" or do it yourself,its easy.

Envoyé de mon Pixel 2 en utilisant Tapatalk

Too bad I need it by October for a hunt. I’ll be visiting my folks in Quebec in December.