Anyone know where this is?

bbrown

WKR
My wife's Grandfather recently passed away and while we were going thru some of his thing we came across this picture. It was one of his favorites - made several moves from his house into the retirement center and eventually to the nursing home where it hung on his wall until he passed. It is supposed to be somewhere in Colorado and the story goes that while he was climbing this he found a bloody shoe that some poor sap lost in an earlier fall.

Wayne Pic.jpg

OP
bbrown

bbrown

WKR
Ya the picture almost looks fake or from a different country but I hope it is in CO somewhere. Would be pretty cool to do the same hike and would mean a lot to the wife.

What is the small logo in the lower left hand corner? Looks like a copy write logo and name......anything written on the back? Take it out of the frame if possible to see.

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
It does look fake to me also. Almost like the lake and forrest is one picture with the big mountains as another and then put together. If it if from CO someone here will know it. That logo in the corner is certainly a commercial print of some sort.

dotman

WKR
That could easily be in the South San Juans. Around Pagosa Peak off Four Mile Creek trail head.

OP
bbrown

bbrown

WKR
I did not even notice the mark in the bottom left corner - I will check that out. I hope its not some flea market fake but you know how stories get passed on...
Thanks fellas!

tstowater

WKR
I think it was photoshopped--No. Pretty country to look at. Looks like goat country to me. Anyone find any billies on the peak yet??

Shrek

WKR
If it has been around for decades then its not likely to be photo shopped. I haven't a clue as to where it is though. Good luck.

mtnkid85

WKR
I wish I could help more. But if you really want to find out, post this on supertopo.com. Its a climbing website full of old geezers who mostly bicker about politics now, but who in the past have climbed most things in the world! lol.

Really though, I think the guys on that forum would probally know. PS. Im a member over there and could repost it if you would like.

crazy_davey

Lil-Rokslider
Hey, that's pretty cool!

106481.jpg

Pilgrim

Lil-Rokslider
So, how many of us are going just to see it now? hahaha! Odds are good I will try to make it out there. Too pretty not to.