Anyone live near the Melanzana store in Leadvile, CO?

Hey rocksliders, I've been looking at all different kinds of hoodies and it looks like the ole Patagonia R1 is kind of the standard. I've also seen where a lot of people really like the Melanzana Mico grid fleece hoodie but Melanzana only sells them out of their retail store. There's a few on eBay but they are priced way over the $69 price tag on their website. Have any of ya'll tried this hoodie? And does anyone live close to this store? I think it's in Leadville, CO. Thanks

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
I get the impression from their site that they don’t even ship which seems strange. Have you called to verify?

slick

WKR
Bunch of friends have them. They used to ship, but don’t anymore. They couldn’t keep up with the demand. 100% would recommend on trusted friends recommendations. Also would be interested if someone could figure out a way to get ahold of one.

Wolfey

FNG
I have 1 but there's a few things about it that I don't like. It's not as form fitting as the R1 and it's a little short. It can't be unzipped to vent heat so I get to hot wearing it a lot of the time.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

OP
aclawrence
Yes they don't ship. I'm assuming that's why some of them are $200 on eBay. I read through a review of someone comparing the Melanzana to the R1. The main difference was the fit. The Melanzana fits a little looser. He gave the nod to the R1 in most of his categories but said that most of the time he wore the Melanzana. Just liked it better. Plus it's half the price.

- - - Updated - - -

I just found a breakdown of their fabrics they use comparing the different kind of fleeces. I think it would probably be helpful across several different brands of clothes. Thought it was pretty interesting if anyone wants to take a look. They rate the warmth, breathability, and wind resistance.

TNTt321

FNG
I'm moving up to Summit County at the end of the week. I'll probably be picking one of these up in the near future.

Shoot me a PM if you want me to grab you one

TR909

FNG
I was super-stoked to stop at the shop for the first time on a trip through Leadville a few weeks ago. I was interested in the gridded fleece as well, but after checking out their sub-par gear and getting a dismissive and pretentious 'flat-brim attitude', I'll stick to Patagucci R1's. They aren't as...frumpy and are mountaineering classics for a reason. I'm not being grumpy, I was just disappointed on multiple levels.

OP
aclawrence
Hey guys, just wanted to update. I had several people offer to help through p.m. and I really appreciate it. I ended up getting an Arcteryx Aptin hoody with a REI gift card I was given so I'm going to hold off on the Melanzana for now. Thanks

WillyR089

FNG
I'm moving up to Summit County at the end of the week. I'll probably be picking one of these up in the near future.

Shoot me a PM if you want me to grab you one
Coming back from a few years, do you still live here and willing to pick one up? If there even any available. Thank you for any response!