Anyone looking for a good horse? Videos worth the watch either way

Fatcamp

WKR
Wow. If you could report back what he sold for I would appreciate it. Maybe age as well?

Always wondered what value was on a horse like that.

OP
wymtnpounder
Wow. If you could report back what he sold for I would appreciate it. Maybe age as well?

Always wondered what value was on a horse like that.

Will do I hope It's high haha
Here's a little better description
6 y/o
Brandy has been our main mount for the last two years guiding hunts. One you can count on no matter the situation and easy to catch in the pasture. Jump on her halter and bareback when time is crucial or use her for riding lessons for a beginner. Down timber, shale, water, ice and grizzlies this horse has been there and done that. Led lots of strings and will fit in the front, middle, or drag, packed meat, horns, hounds, and even mountain lions with no complaints. She’s worked cattle and seems to like it. Has a big stop and it wouldn’t take much to make a jam up heel horse. Lopes correct circles on a loose reign, flying lead changes, patterned on the barrels and is level headed the entire time. Don’t let all the buttons keep anyone in the family from riding her. She’s a true family horse with her sweet disposition. Her sire is Poco Doc Tari bred and the dam was King Fritz bred. Don’t have a trailer?.... No problem. Load her in the back of the truck and take her home in a livestock rack.

OP
wymtnpounder
Are you giving up riding? What could you ever replace her with?
You sure trained her well.
No not giving up riding just trying to supplement our one household income. It'll be hard to let her go as she truly is one of my best horses and when you put that much time into one you get attached. Definitely going to break a couple little girls hearts. I've got some four year old's to put the time into now.
The picture with the Grizzly in it was close to Deer creek pass
Thanks for the compliment

204guy

WKR
Impressive, even I could probably handle her.

I'm almost as impressed you got those hounds to ride in panniers without jumping out.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Brooks

WKR
If I wasn’t feeding so many of my own good horses I’d be on my way to Wyoming with the check book ! Be hard to let a trust worthy horse like that go. Good luck.

elkguide

WKR
No not giving up riding just trying to supplement our one household income. It'll be hard to let her go as she truly is one of my best horses and when you put that much time into one you get attached. Definitely going to break a couple little girls hearts. I've got some four year old's to put the time into now.
The picture with the Grizzly in it was close to Deer creek pass
Thanks for the compliment

Deer Creek pass has to be one of the most wonderful views out there.

PNWGATOR

WKR
Can you expound on what goes into making a horse like this, how you’ve gone about it and what it really takes?

OP
wymtnpounder
Can you expound on what goes into making a horse like this, how you’ve gone about it and what it really takes?
It would take a book to explain everything I put into this horse and unfortunately I'm not that articulate.

The short version.

Pressure when you need it release of pressure at the right time.

The time to actually spend with the horse.

The fact I live in the mountains and can expose a horse to different situations very easily.

A horse with the right disposition. Not every horse can turn out like this.

Oh... LOTS OF WET SADDLE BLANKETS

PNWGATOR

WKR
You really need to write a book or maybe have a blog with video clips of your methodology.

We have a couple young colts and a filly that were starting and I’d love to end up with horses like you’ve helped make.