Anyone make there own bipod?

Montero

Lil-Rokslider
I'm trying to think of ways to save weight and money so I'm considering making my own bipod for my elk rifle. I thought I'd see if anyone had tried. Maybe my wife is right and I'm too cheap and should just buy a good one.....thoughts?

as.ks.ak

WKR
I'm trying to think of ways to save weight and money so I'm considering making my own bipod for my elk rifle. I thought I'd see if anyone had tried. Maybe my wife is right and I'm too cheap and should just buy a good one.....thoughts?

Your wife thinks you’re too cheap?! Dude, teach me the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WoodBow

WKR
Are we talking attached bipod or like shooting sticks.?

You can def diy shooting sticks, but just buy one if you want it attached.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Wrench

WKR
I built one from carbon arrow lengths (about 10" per section) and joined them using aluminium arrow sections (about 3") as sleeves like a tent pole. There's a shock cord running through them and I can use as many sections as I want. The two poles are joined by a piece of rubber hose that they both run through and a piece of surgical tube keeps the top closed to allow me to pick up the rifle and move hands free.

It's a uber light system, but I never use it anymore. I take trekking poles with me and make a bipod with them waaaaay more often than anything else.

OP
M

Montero

Lil-Rokslider
Good feedback! Woodbow I was thinking of making the attached type like Wrench is describing. I had not thought of using carbon arrow shafts and attaching multiple sections if needed. I like that idea. I don't use trekking poles but like the idea of duplicate uses to save packing the weight. Some ideas to work with. Thanks