Anyone near Denver want to chase Turks this spring?

6t4nova

WKR
I am thinking about getting an OTC tag and chasing some turkeys this spring. Got a few areas in mind not too far from Denver. Curious if any of the locals wanted to join up and go after some birds?

zenshu

FNG
Never been turkey hunting before, but I just picked up a new shotgun and some calls and decoys and an OTC tag for the spring season....then realized I had no idea where to go and none of my local Denver friends hunt Turkey.... So yeah I wouldn't mind.

zenshu

FNG
Where are you planning to go? I would love to go but apparently Uncle Sam didn't take enough of my money throughout the year so I had to pay $800 in taxes so not sure what my gas situation will look like this weekend, but if it is close enough I will be down.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Let me check with the wife see what we have going on Nova. I may join you. Are you bowhunting Turkeys? Got Blind?

Yeah and what zen said where you thinking about going? I would do an OTC also.

bbrown

WKR
How did you guys do?
I did not make it down south this weekend so Liv2HntBigBullz and I headed up and while we did not find any birds on public there was pretty good sign - just not talking much.
On the way back down, we stumbled on a group of almost 40 birds with 7-8 strutters in the middle of the road which was pretty fun to watch.
Heading down to the Bosque on Wednesday thru Sunday so hopefully we get into them there.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Turkey 1 - 4-21-13.jpg
    Turkey 1 - 4-21-13.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 125
  • Turkey 3 - 4-21-13.jpg
    Turkey 3 - 4-21-13.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:

zenshu

FNG
I didn't make it on Saturday either so I tried to go Sunday but didn't see or hear anything. Gotta work this saturday too but I have the day off Friday so I will head down Firday morning to try to fill my tag.

zenshu

FNG
I've got Friday off this week so I am going to head south and keep my fingers crossed to run across a gobbler. A Friend of mine recommended Garfield Creek SWA, he grew up in that area and said that he always saw birds there so if I don't get anything Friday I might try to find out how far of a drive it is to Garfield Creek SWA and try to swing that on Sunday.

Last edited:

Boddy1

FNG
Did any of you guys have much luck? I'm looking for some areas to hunt with a buddy. We are both in the Denver area. Preferably somewhere within 2 hours of Denver. I found two jakes last year but I had to leave my house at 1AM to get to them while they were still on the roost. 1.5 Hr drive followed by a 2Hr hike. So I'm willing to put in the work.