Anyone not use a ground sheet with a floorless shelter?

Also started with tyvek and had all the issues described in this thread.

Got a Borah bug bivy, and long/wide its 7 oz. Like already said its just nice to keep everything contained and clean, bugs etc kept out. You can use it alone if theres no chance of precip, with a tarp, with my Cimarron, etc...

Also started with tyvek and had all the issues described in this thread.

Got a Borah bug bivy, and long/wide its 7 oz. Like already said its just nice to keep everything contained and clean, bugs etc kept out. You can use it alone if theres no chance of precip, with a tarp, with my Cimarron, etc...
Do you still use tyvek under the Borah bivy?

I backcountry hunt mostly solo or if partnered we use separate tents.
In my Kifaru Tut, use tyvek on 1/2 of ground/floor space, the other 1/2 bare ground.
Tyvek then topped with my Borah Bivy containing my pad & sleep bag.
You still use tyvek under the bivy?

Phaseolus

WKR
I do more often than not.

I have played with tyvek and plastic. Don’t care for either.

I paid up and got a dyneema one. It is 4-5oz. Doubles as emergency Overhead cover or shade tarp. 3x the cost of sil and half the weight. I don’t think I would buy it again if it gets lost or died on me.

Seek outside makes a nice durable one. 10oz. Has a bit of grip and big enough for a bit of a shade tarp on the hunt.

Seek also makes this thing. It is a very thin pad. 8oz. Doubles as a ground sheet, a bit of comfort and insulation. Sit pad. Carrier for spotting scope. Etc. love mine.

I also use the Seek outside matty pad. It weighs about as much as a piece of tyvek and adds insulation to my blowup pad. Doubles as a pocket gopher dirt hauler to create a nice even spot to sleep on Too. 3A77FEC4-0F27-4303-A016-EF2D3F3A3E61.jpeg

elijah

FNG
Yep, I use a bivy. Adds a bit of warmth to my system, don't gotta worry about stuff getting wet, and since I use an inflatable pad, it gives me a bit of peace of mind to know there's an extra layer between my pad and the ground.
I might try this.

Carrot Farmer

WKR
Classified Approved
Had a sheet of tyvek with me this year... all it seemed to do was collect water (snow melting from the stove) and get my stuff wet.

Anyone just use a pad and no groundsheet? In hindsight the tyvek seemed like wasted weight.

I contemplated at first... but decided to cut Tyvek for my Sawtooth.

Makes it nice to not have everything dusty, to stand/sit and not have feet in dirt

Still run Bivy with Tyvek floor... hint: was née Tyvek 6-7 times. It will soften the noisy ness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk