Anyone ordered a seek outside tent recently???

Hey I keep seeing 4-5 weeks to build tent when you order has anyone experienced this or are they being generous on time??? I drew an early hunt now im freaking out that I won’t be ready!!!

Trial153

WKR
Seems reasonable considering the situation. All my orders have been completed and shipped timely, I would say their stated lead times are accurate.

A phone call costs nothing. Explain your timing to them and see what they tell you. My experience with the company has been one of under-promise and over-deliver....just excellent service.

I ordered a tipi June 19th and was told 2 to 4 week time period, if I haven’t seen a update on the order after 4 weeks I’ll give them a call.

Patton

Lil-Rokslider
Ordered a redcliff ultralight and Uturn stove just last night...I hope they are quicker than the current estimated time.

Drenalin

WKR
Given the time of year (everybody prepping for hunts) and everything that's gone on over the past few months, I wasn't surprised at all by the lead time when I ordered a Silex last week. I'd agree with @Kevin Dill though, give them a call and see what they can do. Not sure what tent you're looking for, but the classifieds here are an option too - there's been a Cimmaron and a Redcliff pop up in the last few days.

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Hi Guys

Some things, we maybe beat the lead times, but it is likely few and far between. Our lead times are growing and going to go up this week. (We are discussing what to move them to this morning) I can give you some tips,
  • First avoid nests, those are a bottle neck and are what is holding up a lot of current orders. Order them later once it slows a bit or we get more capacity. If you must order one, make it two orders if possible or leave notes to make sure the order is split.
  • Avoiding seam sealing as well, will help expedite orders.
  • As far as Dyneema/ Ultralight, those are going through production like anything else. There is no hold up on them. I personally looked at a few Dyneema tents getting the finishing touches yesterday.
  • Stove pipes are a bit of a hold up due to logistics but that should be rectified shortly. A lot of orders are waiting on pipe at this moment as well.
Sorry about the extended lead times, but we are over 100 percent growth the last few months (pushing closer to 200 percent the last few weeks), basically across the board on products (packs are almost 200 percent for the year). We have hired several new production staff, BUT , we are now actually pretty much out of space (which we are actively trying to find a second location as well) . Our staff and Angie in particular has done an amazing job keeping things as together as they have. We normally plan for a certain amount of growth but this is unprecedented for us.

OP
Keepkickin_19
Hi Guys

Some things, we maybe beat the lead times, but it is likely few and far between. Our lead times are growing and going to go up this week. (We are discussing what to move them to this morning) I can give you some tips,
  • First avoid nests, those are a bottle neck and are what is holding up a lot of current orders. Order them later once it slows a bit or we get more capacity. If you must order one, make it two orders if possible or leave notes to make sure the order is split.
  • As far as Dyneema/ Ultralight, those are going through production like anything else. There is no hold up on them. I personally looked at a few Dyneema tents getting the finishing touches yesterday.
  • Stove pipes are a bit of a hold up due to logistics but that should be rectified shortly. A lot of orders are waiting on pipe at this moment as well.
Sorry about the extended lead times, but we are over 100 percent growth the last few months (pushing closer to 200 percent the last few weeks), basically across the board on products (packs are almost 200 percent for the year). We have hired several new production staff, BUT , we are now actually pretty much out of space (which we are actively trying to find a second location as well) . Our staff and Angie in particular has done an amazing job keeping things as together as they have. We normally plan for a certain amount of growth but this is unprecedented for us.
Thank you for your explanation I really appreciate it

AKDoc

WKR
Classified Approved
Hi Guys

I am sincerely pleased to hear of your business success during our current times...congratulations! I bought your 4-man tipi and medium titanium stove a few years ago, and they have seen significant use up here in Alaska. I recently bought your DST tarp, which I'm adding to my gear bag for two fall trips this year. The quality of your products and excellent customer service have always been absolutely outstanding in my experience. You guys are fantastic...keep it up as you grow.

OP
Keepkickin_19
Ok I pulled the Trigger!!!! Redcliff light, half liner carbon pole, large Uturn going to be on the way soon!!! Headed to Hells Canyon for LE Mule Deer !!!
This will be my first floor less shelter! Thanks everyone for the great reviews that I’ve read along the 2 year path to purchasing a SeekOutside!!!

RockChucker30

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Hi Guys,

We try to communicate lead times as well as we can....we get a lot of questions on that.

To check high level lead times, you can find them here:

We also have popups on most category pages, and if you add major products to the cart it will generate a lead time message.

To check lead times on an individual order, the best way is to email [email protected] and allow us a day to respond. We're overrun with lead time phone calls.

Nest lead times will likely be 8-12 weeks and tents, stoves, pack lead times will be 4-6 weeks. We are probably going to start splitting orders that have a nest in them and ship the other gear first, then ship the nest when it is complete (free shipping on it of course).

If you have a drop dead date then call us to see if we can promise it. We don't commit to need-by dates unless we know we can do it.

yeti_man

FNG
Ordered an LBO BTB with Large u-turn on June 5th and was delivered on June 28th. They hit their lead time i was quoted. Also remember, if your order is over a certain $$$ they will require a signature to deliver your goods other wise you have to go pick it up at a drop point

I ordered a DST last night.
Quoted 4 to 6 weeks.

It shipped out this afternoon and will be here Monday!

Hi Guys

Unprecedented growth!?
That will happen when you build excellent products and then stand behind them with top-notch customer service!

Davis4507

FNG
I ordered another 1/2 liner for my cimarron, the ultra spark arrestor and the matty mat on June 16 and its still waiting for fulfillment. But I did order a 1/2 nest last night at midnight and that was shipped today.

j33

WKR
How's the lead times these days? Website says 6-8 weeks still but hasn't been updated since late July.