Anyone own a Christensen Ridgeline in .300 wm?

83cj-7

WKR
Handled a Ridgeline rifle in a shop the other day and I thought I might be interested in one in 300 win mag. Anyone have one? How does it shoot? Any comments on the Ridgeline rifles. Newer ones better than when they first came out?

Travis S

LightFoot

WKR
I traded my CA Ridgeline 300 Win off not too long after I got it.

It was too heavy and didn't like the ammo I wanted to shoot.

I think the money is better spent on a Tikka and glass if you are trying to go lightweight.

If carbon barrel is a priority, I like the Savage Ultralite.

>>>----JAKE----->

MT_Wyatt

WKR
Handled a Ridgeline rifle in a shop the other day and I thought I might be interested in one in 300 win mag. Anyone have one? How does it shoot? Any comments on the Ridgeline rifles. Newer ones better than when they first came out?

Travis S
Yes, I have one, that is 2 years old. It shoots quite well, easily my most accurate rifle. Without the brake it sucks, but with the basic radial brake it is quite nice, can fire quite a bit in a range session. Not sure I would reallly want a 300 lighter but I totally get the ultralight mountain rifle thing, I have a kimber like that. I'm not overly fond of the CA sporter stock itself, but that is an easy spot to lighten it up a tad more even, I think it is around 33oz or so normally. It is a hell of a lot of gun for the money. No doubt the Tikka is a nice rifle and you can drop it in a mesa precision altitude stock to really spiff it up, certainly also a good option, but I find the CA barrelled action more appealing personally.

If you are looking for some glowing reviews go read the stuff on long range only, they love them!

OP
83cj-7

83cj-7

WKR
I think the weight is about perfect for a lightweight 300 that I’m going to run suppressed. I would mostly shoot loads that are closer to 30-06 than full power 300.

OMB

WKR
I bought mine in 2018 and have been pretty happy with it. I had to re-tighten the action screws because they were loose when I got it, but it shoots 1/2 MOA all day. With a Leupold VX5 3-15x, I think I'm right at 8 pounds, but I don't know that I'd want to go any lighter for what I use it for. The long barrel gets annoying in any amount of cover but for an open country rifle I don't mind. I may re-stock it at some point with something lighter or more ergonomic for shooting at longer ranges but I'm working on setting up a Kimber Montana in the meantime.

Christensen definitely has had some minor issues with their guns on things like action screw tightness and extractors leaving the factory that don't really expect on an $1800 rifle but I do think the barreled action is tough to beat at the price point if you want a carbon barrel.

Steel Rain

Lil-Rokslider
My buddy took one on a sheep hunt this last year. He hasn’t out right admitted it but I’m pretty sure he likes it better than his custom. I think he bought it with Cabela’s points.

Travis S

Did you end up with this gun? I ordered a CA Ridgeline in 30-06 5 months ago and still no idea when it will come in.

Did you end up with this gun? I ordered a CA Ridgeline in 30-06 5 months ago and still no idea when it will come in.

Same. So I cancelled it and got a cooper m92 backcountry instead. With the CA lefty tax, I got the cooper for about $500 more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same. So I cancelled it and got a cooper m92 backcountry instead. With the CA lefty tax, I got the cooper for about $500 more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats a bummer about the lefty tax...saw that when ordering. I'm trying to decide what to do. I feel like I have waited this long, that as soon as I withdraw my order, it will become available. Not in a huge hurry so I'm going to stick it out for the long haul. Congrats on the gun!

Bearman

FNG
I traded a Steyr 300wsm for a CA Ridgeline 300wm in late March and I am having the most fun shooting it and hiking with it to where I have my bear bait barrels, I like the lightness of it and the accuracy does not disappoint at all. I will eventually reload for it (lack of finding powders at this time). I think it's a keeper.

I had one in 280ai. keyword had.

It shot well, but the fit/finish wasn’t worth what I paid for it. The machining was terrible. The stock ergonomics suck, and finally mine came in heavier than anticipated. I ended up sending it up the road for a customized tikka.

For the price you pay for it, you can either stick a proof barrel on a Tikka or run the factory tube and upgrade the stock and have a better rifle in both cases for less money.

My Ridgeline in 6.5CM shoots about a 1/2 MOA group. The only criticism I have of it is that I had to immediately replace the bolt handle with one from The Polished Knob in order to action the bolt properly.

bZ4L1GI.jpg

An Example since you can barely see the knob:

164120791_3877324972354723_6595008935341275159_n.jpg

Last edited:

gexpro

WKR
I have the ridgeline in 300 PRC. It worked out really good for me last season, knocked my mule deer on his butt at 455yards.

The only dislike I had for it was the stock, and it’s comb height. This year I went ahead and put a XLR magnesium chassis, carbon grip and stock.

with this setup I was able to shed 1.5lbs and have an adjustable comb. Total weight is now 9.25.. I am extremely weight conscious because I back pack hunt. Very happy with the results so far with this setup..

Attachments

• 7648EFD9-CF85-41B9-A25E-E6CDD186801C.jpeg
    7648EFD9-CF85-41B9-A25E-E6CDD186801C.jpeg
    151.6 KB · Views: 35
  • C1901F39-4425-499A-B491-DC81BF664BD2.jpeg
    C1901F39-4425-499A-B491-DC81BF664BD2.jpeg
    310.2 KB · Views: 35

TheWhitetailNut

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Christensen .300 Win (don't remember the model but it's between the Summit and Ridgeline) I bought in 2016. When my daughter started hunting at 10 she preferred the CA .300 because when braked it was more comfortable to shoot than my wife's 7mm-08.

Ultimately she got a Ridgeline with the same Z5 scope as me. The differences in fit and finish are notable but there was a $1,500 difference in price. We have only shot Barnes 150gr in prep for an antelope hunt and they run just over 1/2". I like the gun, she loves it.