Anyone pack moose quarters with Kuiu

The preacher guy who kills moose on youtube under Limitless Outdoors says in his gear list video that he uses a Kuiu pack and used the same one for about 4-6 moose total if Im not mistaken. I think its this video.

hunterjmj

WKR
The preacher guy who kills moose on youtube under Limitless Outdoors says in his gear list video that he uses a Kuiu pack and used the same one for about 4-6 moose total if Im not mistaken. I think its this video.
I like his videos but some of the packs he wears look so uncomfortable. He does have some of the better shows out for sure.

Last edited:

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
It was short, 1/4 mile round trip from site to truck and four trips so only a mile total. Not bad in my limited packing experience, heavy but not painful, load didn’t shift or sag. Prior to it I added a couple extra straps with locking buckles to keep meat tight to the frame so that it’s not completely relying on the straps between the frame and bag as that can allow shifting. Also I kept it up a little higher than normal. I can only compare it to SG frames which I had trouble keeping reasonable comfort with over 60lbs. I’d probably get a dedicated frame pack if I ever go on a moose hunt again as they’re not something I’d hunt far off a road or backpack in for.

PA Hunter

WKR
I did two deboned moose in two days last year in Alaska with my Kuiu 7800 worked great for that but i wouldn't even think for one second about doing a full hind quarter. I would absolutely buy a Barney Freighter for that chore.