Anyone put anything on their Iron Will broadheads ??

SnapT

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone put anything on their iron Will broadheads to prevent rust in wet environments ie snow, rain ????
I just got some 100 wides and a case from the mailman and was wondering if rem oil or something would be wise ??

cheers

ganngus

Lil-Rokslider
I exclusively shoot 100 grain Iron Wills. Only problem I have had with them is rusting in a short period of time on a super wet and miserable moose hunt in Canada. That said, had a complete pass through on a moose at 75yds with them.

When I got back, I started using remington oil on them and haven't had an issue with them. Then again, I haven't endured 7 straight days of soaking wet, miserable conditions while hunting since then.

OP
S

SnapT

Lil-Rokslider
thanks guys . I'll fire away an email . I just thought of rem oil as i had some on hand lol
fwiw the wides where even wider than i expected .Can't wait to send one .

cheers

I had one rust after a rainy elk hunt as it was the only one in and out of my quiver for the entire hunt. I called Iron will and they recommended mineral oil or similar.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Iron will offers information on care, and a cleaning care kit on their website.

The care video shows mineral oil being used for protectant. I'm sure they will be recommending it, or any lightweight oil similar.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Is that Rem oil odorless?

I've never understood all this "is it odorless" stuff. If they can smell the oil off my broadheads they can smell me for dang sure. playing the wind wrong is playing the wind wrong.

I put birchwood casey barricade on mine. Sharpie is a great idea. Thanks @Billy Goat

Last edited:
OP
S

SnapT

Lil-Rokslider
FWIW Iron Will got back to me and said that REM oil or food grade oil is good .

cheers and thanks for all the help .

Bill V

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Our blades have a thin coat of food grade mineral oil on them when we ship them. You can reapply this over time to prevent corrosion. We sell a blade care kit on our website with a blade oil dispensing pen for easy application and a diemaker stone for polishing out any spots. In Colorado I'm able to just dry them off if they get wet and don't apply anything, but I realize some areas get a lot more rain and humidity.

aggieland

WKR
I have put olive oil and rem oil in the arrow slots of my quiver so it sorta redcoats the heads . I use a 2 blade leather quiver from Eagles flight archery and the olive oil helps preserve the leather like I would use on a leather saddle. I'm sure putting a little oil inside a tight spot hood would not cause any issues.

Stalker69

WKR
I had no oil, but used chap stick, it worked ok. Plus I normally have it in my pack, so it’s pretty handy.