Anyone run La Sportiva Trango Tower?

RAM190Hog

Lil-Rokslider
I have some Crispi Briksdahls I generally like, but they are insulated and I do find them too warm for summer. Was looking for a synthetic boot for summer/early season. Picked up a pair of La Sportiva Trango Towers from Outdoorplay on a good sale. I like the way the boot fits, the last, etc., but When flexing ankle up stairs in the house, I get some pretty good hot spots on top of ankle area. Seems that fabric they run on the upper is pretty stiff. If anyone else has this boot, did you find the same and did that material break in somewhat quickly? Otherwise, the boot seems really solid...very stiff boot, and that honeycomb fabric seems pretty bombproof.

MOHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I picked up a pair recently as well. Curious to hear what others say.

I’ve been using Towers for a while. And the Trango Evo S for years before them. I love them honestly. They will slightly relax, but not much. But you have to remember their purpose as a lightweight, 3 season mountaineering boot. And they excel doing that. My old pair of reds (Trango Evo) had hundreds or brutally steep miles under load over the course of 10 years, up and down mountains with crampons, scree fields, etc and stayed stiff until I replaced them

As for hotspots, how are your feet? Seems like a lot of issues once boot fit is taken care of is with soft feet. It doesn’t take long for heels, pinky toe joints, arches, etc to get soft after a few months out of boots.

I lace mine up snug on the bottom. Then do a double overhand knot before starting up the hooks. That way you can maybe add or relieve some pressure while keeping the boot snug overall

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a pair that i have used for the past year. I have maybe a couple hundred miles on them. They will break in some, but not a whole heck of a lot. I will echo what Jolly Roger said- feet get soft quick. I recently wore my boots for the first time since december on a hike and had hot spots after three miles. My feet have since hardened back up. I suggest leukotape to help get you through.