Anyone running a Kifaru pack on a non-Kifaru frame?

locofife

FNG
So, I'm thinking really hard about upgrading to a Kifaru pack in the near future. I already know which one I want, but the nearly $800 price tag is a bit hard to swallow. I'm considering purchasing the pack now and putting it on a different, less-expensive, frame and then picking up a Kifaru frame in the future. Has anyone done this before? Does the pack attach easily to a non-Kifaru frame? Which frames are you running? Thanks in advance for any direction you can give me.

OP
L

locofife

FNG
You're probably right about going with the frame first. I'm loving the adaptability of the Nomad II design though. I also have a couple of inches I need to lose around my middle area before I place an order for the frame. I don't want to give Kifaru measurements and then have the pack not fit right when I lose a little weight, which I'm confident will happen.

Jimbob

WKR
I would go frame first for sure. You can swap belts on the frame when you lose weight. The frames are not custom made so you will not have a problem just switching belts.

worx53

WKR
If I was shopping for one or the other I’d prioritize the frame over the bag. Rather run a kifaru frame with a dry bag than a kifaru bag on a lesser frame. That said, they’d fit in an exo frame pretty seamlessly.
That's the correct answer. I've had all the kifaru frames and run a EXO bag on one of them- favorite combo--just as much $$$ as most Kifaru bags though. Get a Kifaru frame with their load sling gadget and drybag is great advise.

Vaultman

WKR
You're probably right about going with the frame first. I'm loving the adaptability of the Nomad II design though. I also have a couple of inches I need to lose around my middle area before I place an order for the frame. I don't want to give Kifaru measurements and then have the pack not fit right when I lose a little weight, which I'm confident will happen.

Know the "middle area inch" feeling. I bought the cargo panel and will be using a dry bag for the first year. I am in trim weight mode now so that I can order the frame in about 2 months. (even though I know I could probably order now it just gives me a goal to work towards).

nroscoe13

FNG
That's the correct answer. I've had all the kifaru frames and run a EXO bag on one of them- favorite combo--just as much $$$ as most Kifaru bags though. Get a Kifaru frame with their load sling gadget and drybag is great advise.
Is it relativity easy to attach an EXO bag to a Kifaru frame? I really like their 3500 Bag

OP
L

locofife

FNG
Thanks for all of the advise. You've given me something to ponder. I'll think about it some more and then consult with the chief financial officer, i.e. the wife.

Sometimes, when I want the pockets, I run a DT1 on my SG. It is not a perfect fit, but it works without issues. But I agree with the above.

I tried it once with a mystery ranche frame, did't work as planed lol. Had to buy a dupex fram to get the maximume kifaru quality.

Frank Grimes

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve often thought of putting a woodsman bag in my molle frame. Or a native, guide lid and pouches. Either way it’s a bit cheaper. If you have a frame that works for you I’d say do it. If you are looking g for load carrying though, I’d buy the frame first.

jc91

FNG
Get the frame, buy a new belt when you lose weight. No point buying one of their most popular bags right away. They aren’t going to discontinue it any time soon

Have any of you had experience with putting a Mystery Ranch metcalf or Marshall bag on a kifaru frame?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wojo14

WKR
I want to try out a Kifaru frame next year. Right now I am running an EXO K2 frame and pack. I always liked to looks and specs of the woodsman. Anyone know if it will fit the K@ EXO frame. I want a bigger bag, so instead of getting an EXO 5500, I was thinking of a Kifaru bag to run on my EXO frame.

~Wojo

octavius

FNG
So, I'm thinking really hard about upgrading to a Kifaru pack in the near future. I already know which one I want, but the nearly $800 price tag is a bit hard to swallow. I'm considering purchasing the pack now and putting it on a different, less-expensive, frame and then picking up a Kifaru frame in the future. Has anyone done this before? Does the pack attach easily to a non-Kifaru frame? Which frames are you running? Thanks in advance for any direction you can give me.

I was wondering if a Mystery Ranch pack, Mountain Ruck, would fit on a Kifaru frame?

stump06

WKR
If you don't need one right away save some money and keep an eye out for a used one. After this elk season they'll probably start popping up. Almost all my kit was bought 2nd hand and its as good as new. I agree with getting the frame first. A frame with a lid, grab-it and native makes an awesome day hunting setup.