Anyone running the Maven RS.1?

Scottyboy

WKR
Looking for any feedback on the Maven RS.1 riflescope, cannot seem to find many reviews on it. I did see the review in the sticky section, but I am hoping to see what people think that had to shell out $$$ and not given one (I mean that as politely as possible). I know that Ryan will give an honest review and I apprecitate that, looking for any other thoughts on quality, tracking, zero stop turret etc

It checks all the boxes I am looking for, have yet to try any Maven product so this would be first go with their products

Granted not feedback on the rifle scope you mentioned but, prior to retirement I had a pair of Maven binocs in my work vehicle and they were nice, very nice!

I have had the opportunity to work along side the Maven reps on a couple deals and they were knowledgeable and great guys. It seems to me the Maven line of optics should be considered more when good glass is the sought after product!!

ClearCreek

I have one and mounted it on my wife's Tikka. Shot it this last summer and also used it antelope hunting in Wyoming and deer hunting in California. It performed flawlessly and it's a fantastic scope and can do quite a lot, very well. I think the build quality, glass and features are ideal and left me wanting very little if anything at all. What would you like to know?

OP
Scottyboy

Scottyboy

WKR
I have one and mounted it on my wife's Tikka. Shot it this last summer and also used it antelope hunting in Wyoming and deer hunting in California. It performed flawlessly and it's a fantastic scope and can do quite a lot, very well. I think the build quality, glass and features are ideal and left me wanting very little if anything at all. What would you like to know?

General feedback or thoughts was all ie; I wish it had ‘this’ or ‘that’... I bumped the scope and it lost its zero etc.

One thing I would ask, did you get the exposed turret? If so, thoughts on the zero stop functionality that comes along with it

OP
Scottyboy

Scottyboy

WKR
Granted not feedback on the rifle scope you mentioned but, prior to retirement I had a pair of Maven binocs in my work vehicle and they were nice, very nice!

I have had the opportunity to work along side the Maven reps on a couple deals and they were knowledgeable and great guys. It seems to me the Maven line of optics should be considered more when good glass is the sought after product!!

ClearCreek

I’ve heard the same about the glass, which is one of the main things that drew me to Maven. Thanks!

I have not got the exposed turret...yet. I am planning on it though. Really there is nothing more I would want for that tikka 6.5 CM. That's the truth.

Now, if I was to mount it on my Sako 85 7mm Rem Mag, that's a different story. Only thing I'd like to see changed in that case would be to bump it up to 18X max power and have a 50mm objective. That right there would be my "perfect" hunting scope. It's really hard to bag on this scope, it's a good one.