Anyone send a Rifle back to Remington for trigger recall?

Krushrr

FNG
Regular Timney with thin shoe....factory set at 3 lbs. Had the regular with wider shoe on a model 7 and I like the feel of the thin shoe better but just personal preference. The trigger itself works excellent.

Last edited:
Do you or anyone know the recall date time frame?
80's-early 2000s. Both the Walker and the Xmark were recalled. Millions of rifles, a couple ADs.

I think you're out of luck now and would recommend getting a Timney/TriggerTech or just never point your barrel at anything you're not willing to destroy....

vonb

Lil-Rokslider
If I may ask, why no Rifle Basix Vonb?

I had a Rifle Basix on a Surgeon action in .308. After 1k rounds, the trigger developed creep that could not be tuned out. My gunsmith built several of these guns as agency rifles and said he had the same problem and went to Timney.

Vern400

WKR
Good to see there are several good options now.
Don't get a Jewell trigger. They're terrible. Why? Because once you have one, you'll want one on every rifle you have. They're spendy.

Stefan

Lil-Rokslider
Good to see there are several good options now.
Don't get a Jewell trigger. They're terrible. Why? Because once you have one, you'll want one on every rifle you have. They're spendy.
I have a Jewell trigger that was meant for bench rest competition and weighed on my RCBS trigger scale at half a pound. I adjusted it to 2 pounds, but that is my competition rifle.

I agree they are nice triggers.