Anyone shooting an ILF “longbow”?

GLB

WKR
Do you shoot off the shelf with yours? or do you use a rest? Z friend has been telling me how great the "springy" rest is.
Yes and no😁 I wanted a ILF bow so I could experiment with. I have shot it with a springy rest and off the shelf, recurve limbs and longbow limbs. The springy rest is noticeable more forgiving but I like the arrow closer to my hand so its setup off the shelf at the moment. I prefer that riser with longbow limbs over the recurve but I’m a longtime LB shooter and just prefer that.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Yes and no😁 I wanted a ILF bow so I could experiment with. I have shot it with a springy rest and off the shelf, recurve limbs and longbow limbs. The springy rest is noticeable more forgiving but I like the arrow closer to my hand so its setup off the shelf at the moment. I prefer that riser with longbow limbs over the recurve but I’m a longtime LB shooter and just prefer that.
Hopefully I'll be shooting it sooner than later. Mail seems slow these days.

Reactions: GLB
Now those limbs look sweet!!!!

I shoot mine off the shelf… Industrial Velcro on the shelf and a 1” furniture pad in the sight window… with the bottom cut off… adjusted with extra 3m tape for center shot…. not legal in IBO completion as it is pretty cushy… most forgiving and best shooting rig I’ve ever shot…

With that said… I did buy an accutune to play with… but it shoots so well I’m hesitant to fiddle with it…

And the wait gets worse…. knowing it’s on the way… tap… tap… tap…

It’ll be worth it… Or at least I hope it is for you!!!

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
And the wait gets worse…. knowing it’s on the way… tap… tap… tap…

It’ll be worth it… Or at least I hope it is for you!!!

I’m really looking forward to it. It’s been a tough wait. I ordered a widow and they told me straight up, expect a 6 month wait. The bivouac guys said 4-6 weeks back on October 23rd so I thought I’d be shooting by thanksgiving but they got busy and I guess it takes some time to get new fabric patterns right. I’m ok with it, I really think that this bow will work well for me for travelling and float hunting, plus I should be able to easily mount my reel on it to shoot pike in the summers.

I’ve never killed anything with a trad bow, other than fish and grouse but it’s been a goal of mine for a few years so time to start trying.

Btaylor

WKR
I'm in hurry up and wait mode too. As long as I was still hunting most weekends, it wasnt bad but now that season is pretty well over for me, I am chomping to get my hands on a new bow.