Anyone shooting an ILF “longbow”?

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
If the 4-5 week wait time listed on the bivouac website is right, then I should have mine in less than 3 weeks.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
What did you order for limbs?
55lb, 62" longbow limbs.

They are doing a special camo pattern for me though and just got the fabric so that might take a bit of time. They went way out of their way for me and got permission from the company to use the camo.

GLB

WKR
55lb, 62" longbow limbs.

They are doing a special camo pattern for me though and just got the fabric so that might take a bit of time. They went way out of their way for me and got permission from the company to use the camo.
Nice, they are good people. I’ll be getting LB limbs from them as well.

Tartan

WKR
finally got my dryad lbx in this week. only a couple shots and needs fine tuned, but I like them so far.

xl 45@28 on a 17" riser. Currently 4 turns out on a wf19 with a 7.5" brace height. Gives me 53@30. With the bolts turned in and a lower brace height they are more noodlely than the das bamboo core, but no issues as they are currently set up. They are straight and tillered perfectly even.

Shooting significantly faster than the DAS at the same specs and a touch smother. Draw cycle feels good for a longbow limb. Seems a little slower than the tradtech rc woods based on gaps, but a better tune will likely bring it closer.

I'll give them a shot on my satori as well, but these may take over my wf21 + tradtech rc's as my primary bow.

AM-JKLWDPjiM4A13-dw_CSzGjLoWeIgpUnOlA2_WwkItJTu338Lw25oPvIetsB3ZvvQAlJxCzQtzWoD73A8Oy7B8Gj4y-a7ZE0kw9l2-DK7M8sri3ZZekXVa0G9rVYBPiNuahh34V8IRY1s1SXo7T6Q6mn0odw=w1003-h1337-no

I'm shooting a Sky 15" which is the original Bivouac 15" Riser... with Morrison Longs that are carbon and foam with rattlesnake skins and 50ish pounds at 27"... This combo is the best shooting bow I've ever shot... it just fits me for some reason... Simple... shot off the shelf with a furniture pad for a sideplate...

Thin... what kind of camo did you get in your limbs... I have a buddy's whose Backland is supposed to get here early next week and he went with the old school Fred Bear camo...

I thought about ordering some extra limbs with the old treebark... reminds me of days gone by... I bought some 3 Rivers DAS Longbow limbs... heard good things about them and I have a DX 5 riser... figure I can buy a lot of One Stringer limb stickers for 200+ dollars...

Hope you enjoy your bow...

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Thin... what kind of camo did you get in your limbs... I have a buddy's whose Backland is supposed to get here early next week and he went with the old school Fred Bear camo...

I thought about ordering some extra limbs with the old treebark... reminds me of days gone by... I bought some 3 Rivers DAS Longbow limbs... heard good things about them and I have a DX 5 riser... figure I can buy a lot of One Stringer limb stickers for 200+ dollars...

Hope you enjoy your bow...
They are making mine in Kuiu Vias, they told me if there was anything I was interested in they would try to get permission so I asked and they got permission to use the three kuiu patterns so I'm getting the first one.

I had no intention of going that route, I wanted the old fred bear camo but I figured I'd ask and they said they could do it so I'm getting. I told them they could pick the riser color that matched the best. I have a great northern quiver for it already that has a sheep engraved on it.

Sweet... that was one of the patterns I thought about getting from One Stringer as a sticker... please share pics when you get the bow...

NoRush24

Lil-Rokslider
Just ordered a das 17” riser and das LB limbs. Should be here in 4 days very excited. Figured if I can have a heavy riser and my favorite grip with long Bow quiet limbs it’s the best of all worlds.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Nothing like the wait on a new bow🤣

It’s terrible. The main reason I ordered this one was because the black widow I ordered is still 3 months out. I figured with bivouacs estimated 4-6 week lead time I’d have a neat bow to play with sooner than my widow. But I guess my custom camo slowed things down because I’m going on like 11 weeks now. I don’t say that as a slight to bivouac bows at all, I think this bow is going to be great and really serve its purpose for me. That being said though, waiting for new bows is tough.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
My Bivouac should ship today, they emailed yesterday saying it was done and ready for the payment so I called and talked to them a bit.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warlord