Anyone shooting Shuttle T's still?

gerrits

FNG
Fairly new to archery hunting (2 years, 1 bull) and I was wanting to get everyone's opinion on the Shuttle T-loks. I know they have switched manufactures over the years, wondering if quality has gone down. The guy at one of the shops that I go to (Fletch Setter Archery) recommended them highly to me. But it seems like I don't see a lot of guys shooting them. Wondering if there is a reason for this. They shot well out of my last bow. Thanks for any input.

TBHasler

WKR
I say shoot'em and see! There's a lot to be said about their simple, compact, solid design. They aren't sexy and I think thats why many have abandoned them, but if they are accurate, group well - shoot'em!

I shot my cow last year with them, work great. But very hard to sharpen and there not that sharp out of the package imo. I did see the black ops shuttle t on camofire lately for $20. A buddy of mine claims the black ops sharpness has gone down in the last 6 years.
I did switch to iron wells this year, we well see how it goes.

I killed my bull with them last year. I shot a 485 grain arrow with a 72# compound. I spent some time tuning the broadheads to group with my field tips. I got the arrows flying perfectly as well which is a major factor in lethality in my opinion. Use a heavier arrow and get great arrow flight and you will blow through just about any game animal you hit in the vitals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still really like them I try to find the originals but I bought a package for $20 last year and all 3 spin well. Trophy taker did a sharpening video using a outdoor edge round ceramic steel. Gets mine scary sharp.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I still have some of the originals before TT bought them and went to the Black Ops. I've always used my Dremel tool with a felt wheel and polishing compound to sharpen them up. They slice easily through foam just pushing them in, better than every other BH I do that with.

Brandon_SPC

Lil-Rokslider
I still have some of the originals before TT bought them and went to the Black Ops. I've always used my Dremel tool with a felt wheel and polishing compound to sharpen them up. They slice easily through foam just pushing them in, better than every other BH I do that with.
I never even thought about using a dremel tool. 😏

Sam's dad

Lil-Rokslider
I use these broadheads, but mine are pre-China. I’ve heard from many people, including my local shop, that the quality went downhill after the manufacturing moved overseas. At any rate, they are solid heads and will kill elk if you put them in the right place.

A pain to change blades in when it comes to that, otherwise they seem good. I bought a couple packages from camofire recently. I have spare blades for 125 and 100. Have some from a few years ago as well.

Raberd14

FNG
I used to shoot shuttle Ts, they're good heads, I switched over to exodus the last few years and love those. I feel like they penetrate better, but fly just as good as the shuttle Ts. Killed elk, deer, and bear with them and have no plans of switching back.
Another bonus of the exodus is they're super easy to resharpen. I have one broadhead that I've been using for the past three years that I've killed 5 whitetail does with. Just touch it up with a file and stick it back in the quiver.

Fly great, PITA to sharpen, used them for a few years and they got the job done but I feel there are better broadheads available.

OP
G

gerrits

FNG
I still really like them I try to find the originals but I bought a package for $20 last year and all 3 spin well. Trophy taker did a sharpening video using a outdoor edge round ceramic steel. Gets mine scary sharp.
Thanks I'll have to look up that video.

OP
G

gerrits

FNG
I say shoot'em and see! There's a lot to be said about their simple, compact, solid design. They aren't sexy and I think thats why many have abandoned them, but if they are accurate, group well - shoot'em!
Hahah, I don't know man those curves are pretty nice...