anyone still use a beam scale?

dla

WKR
I ditched the beam and went with an MTM 750gr 3AAA digital and set of check weights a decade ago. Much faster, same accuracy, and less bench space.

Unclecroc

FNG
I have a Redding beam scale that has been great it’s very accurate and consistent. I use the lee dippers to get real close then trickle to final weight. I’m saving my pennies to buy a chargemaster to speed up the process. I mainly reload hunting cartridges so I’m not usually in a big hurry and I don’t do big batches.

I bought an old Ohaus 10-10 off of eBay. A little worn in places but it’s been reliable so far and it’s much easier to read than the cheap Lee beam balance I started with. Hand trickling was slow, but I bought a Dandy trickler. Throw a charge or use a lee dipper to get close, vib trickle on high to within a few kernels, then slow drop the last one or two. Probaly takes 30sec. I think I’d need an auto trickled to speed things up so I could seat bullets while the next charge is weighing.

just wondering if anyone still uses them, and their input on brand, model etc.

I have a frankfurt digital scale that is about to get thrown out a window as I am constantly having to re-zero it.

so thinking about going old school but have literally never used a beam scale before.

Just reloading for bolt guns, 20 - 40 round batches
Still using the RCBS 1010 I bought 40 some years ago.