anyone swan?

sportsmans challenge

WKR
Classified Approved
I have talked to a friend in Montana who hunts swan when he can as well as sand hill cranes, he says they are pretty good eating.

I have never done either, but looking into possibly going after a swan. I think to try a new meat and the experience would be worth it, if successful maybe look into a mount as i do think swans are fairly interesting.

Anyone else here hunted them?

Dwt

FNG
I have talked to a friend in Montana who hunts swan when he can as well as sand hill cranes, he says they are pretty good eating.

I have never done either, but looking into possibly going after a swan. I think to try a new meat and the experience would be worth it, if successful maybe look into a mount as i do think swans are fairly interesting.

Anyone else here hunted them?

I can’t speak to Montana, but I have hunted them several times here in NC. It’s a pretty unique experience, so I’d definitely recommend it on that alone. We don’t have the sand hill cranes here, but I‘m sure that would be cool too.

CorbLand

WKR
efadde43b07ef418bc23994de00299f0.jpg

They are pretty fun to hunt. I have enough points to draw one again just need to find the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CorbLand

WKR
I paid 600 but he raised it to 800 after doing mine. 600 was manageable but I wouldn’t do it for 800.
If you get one mounted make sure you get someone that is good with birds and knows what they are doing because i have seen some that look like absolute crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KurtR

WKR
When I lived East river here in Sodak I did every year never killed one my self. The ones I ate roasted are wild as hell but waterfowl is my favorite meat so I liked it most no one else did. Now cranes throw them on the smoker cooked to rare seasoned salt and pepper and you would think your eating prime rib .

OP
sportsmans challenge

sportsmans challenge

WKR
Classified Approved
When I lived East river here in Sodak I did every year never killed one my self. The ones I ate roasted are wild as hell but waterfowl is my favorite meat so I liked it most no one else did. Now cranes throw them on the smoker cooked to rare seasoned salt and pepper and you would think your eating prime rib .
Thats what i heard about crane

OP
sportsmans challenge

sportsmans challenge

WKR
Classified Approved
I didnt get the idaho swan, I had the migratory stamps and permits in my cart and seen swan pop up but it wouldn't let me get it, not sure if I already had to have the stamps and stuff bought but I wasn't buying that stuff to maybe have a chance at swan and then not get it. Will try next year maybe

twall13

WKR
I got a tag in Utah a few years ago and it was a fun hunt. It was probably my poor cooking skills, but having never cooked one before I didn't know what I was doing and the meat wasn't great. I haven't applied again for that reason alone but the more I think about it the more I feel like I should give it another shot and try some other ways to cook it up. It really was a fun hunt. A mount would be cool as well but they are big birds and I dont know where I'd put it.
6cf127451a8e3ee25711b6e9838b4d5a.jpg
2e787c4297c8191990546893548df8ba.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Blue Skunk

Lil-Rokslider
I'm hoping to give it a try in ND this Fall. I put in for the Permit. Cost is very reasonable. See if they pull my name!