anyone swan?

Blue Skunk

Lil-Rokslider
Nice!

We typically see a number of Swans in the area we go in ND. Haven't tried hunting them yet. Fingers crossed for the Permit. Will know in a few weeks.

Nice!

We typically see a number of Swans in the area we go in ND. Haven't tried hunting them yet. Fingers crossed for the Permit. Will know in a few weeks.

In my successful hunts we spend as much time putting out and picking up decoys as actual hunting. Good Luck!

skierhs

WKR
Nice!

I think that anyone who puts in for the ND draw gets it essentially. I saw a guide talking about how they don’t have enough applicants to fill the available tags most years.

OXN939

WKR
For those new to cooking them, it's all about the brine. Add: salt, freshly ground pepper, honey, cinnamon and bay leaves to a container big enough to submerge the bird. Boil ingredients, let cool (bonus is your house will smell like one of those Christmas-scented candles people pay for after this step). Submerge bird for 12 hours once liquid has gotten to fridge temp. Then baste with butter and bake like a Turkey. Ribeye of the sky.

Screen Shot 2020-08-05 at 10.37.24 PM.png

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Yep tundra swan in north carolina 2013 or so. Sandhill crane Texas panhandle last year. We generally make a trip to do crane every 2 years or so. They are closed to hunting where we live due to the whooping crane and crane breeding grounds.

swan.jpg
crane.jpg